Water-Sewer bonds still don't stand out, despite their shine
- DeKalb County, Ga., names team for $90 million water-sewer deal. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;04/05/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30612, p4
Reports that DeKalb County, Georgia finance officials have assembled a bond team to sell its water and sewer revenue deal. Estimated value of the deal; Salomon Smith Barney Inc. and Morgan Stanley Dean Witter as co-senior managers.
- Despite mixed reviews on utilities, good buys are available. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;04/21/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30376, p7
Recommends municipal bonds issued by utilities in the United States. Reasons cited by Brian Winters, analyst with Van Kampen American Capital, for choosing utilities; Share of electrical utilities in the portfolio of Principal Management Corp.; Praise for the bond issues of the Sacramento...
- Lobbying to protect utilities' tax exemption. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;09/02/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30470, p4
Reports that several mayors plan to lobby their representatives in the United States Congress to adopt legislation that would protect the tax-exempt status of municipal utilities' debt in a deregulated electricity market. Provisions of the bill introduced by Congressman Phil English; American...
- Debt sales give private utilities advantage over their publicly owned counterparts. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;10/10/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30249, p24
Reports that an analyst has indicated that investor-owned utilities have an advantage over their municipal counterparts' bonds in coping with deregulation in the United States. Sale of debt tied to the rate-reduction charges; Attractiveness of higher coupons and higher ratings to investors.
- Missouri Utility to Sell $55M, Mostly BABs, for Coal Plant. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/12/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33165, p4
The article reports on the move of the Missouri Joint Municipal Electric Utility Commission to sell 55 million dollars of taxable Build America Bonds (BABs) in an effort to finance its 1.4 billion dollar Plum Point coal plant. Proceeds of the bond sale include the completion of the utility's...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;07/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30926, p18
Presents the results of negotiated sales of municipal bonds in the United States, compiled as of July 3, 2000. Single family mortgage revenue bonds from the Alabama Housing Finance Authority in Alabama; Refunding revenue bonds from First Florida Governmental Financing Commission in Florida;...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;07/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30926, p25
Presents the results of competitive sales of municipal bonds in the United States, compiled as of July 3, 2000. General obligation bond anticipation notes from the City of New Milford in Connecticut; Public improvement serial bonds from the City of Schenectady in New York; Bond anticipation...
- Led by low rates, Georgia agency's big refunding tops primary. Ring, Niamh // Bond Buyer;07/11/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30185, p1
Reports on developments in the municipal bond market in the United States, compiled as of July 10, 1997. Includes news on the $399.2 million refunding from the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia; Scant selling by investors in the secondary market; Flatness of the debt futures market; J.P....
- Bid lists deluge caps muni action despite modest treasury gains. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on the performance of municipal bond market as of August 13, 1997. Gains of 30-year Treasury bonds; Retail sales; Tax-exempt bonds; Producer price index; Serial bonds.