- Heartland Aided More Portfolios. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;11/30/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31027, p1
Reports on Heartland Advisors Inc.'s effort to create liquidity in its two troubled high-yield municipal bond funds in the United States. Involvement of a third mutual fund and some private accounts the firm managed; Documents released by the Wisconsin Investment Board.
- Embracing health care. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;04/30/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30631, p1
Reports on the investments of Heartland Advisors Inc. Investments in nursing homes, continuing care retirement centers, hospitals and mental health facilities; Sectors that are less susceptible in the downturn of the economy.
- Quitting Shareholders Threaten Heartland High-Yield Funds. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;02/22/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31082, p1
Reports that Heartland Advisors Inc. is considering the liquidation or merger of its high-yield municipal bond funds. Possible reduction in the funds' expense ratios with the expected shareholder redemption; Devaluation of the bond.
- More Heartland Woes as It Battles Outflows, New Competition. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;04/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31125, p23
Highlights the challenges facing Milwaukee, Wisconsin-based Heartland Advisors Inc. in 2001. Markdowns of Heartland's high-yield funds; Strong Capital Management Inc.'s launch of a state-specific, Wisconsin tax-free fund.
- SEC Heartland Filings Shed Light On High-Yield Bond Valuations. Fine, Jacob; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/19/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31785, p1
Reports on the collapse of two Heartland Advisors Inc. mutual funds. Assessment of high-yield municipal bond valuations; Problems of municipal bonds for mutual funds; Management of liquidity and price transparency.
- Heartland: Muni-bond investigation has no effect on equity management. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;11/13/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p57
Reports the investigations on pricing problems of the municipal bond funds at Heartland Advisors Inc. in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Concerns over the use of mutual funds by pension funds; Implication of withdrawal by investors for markdown of bond funds; Details on the corporate reorganization.
- Losses in Heartland's High-Yield Funds Prompt Suits. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/31/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31007, p6
Reports that investors in two Heartland Advisors Inc.'s municipal bond funds have filed a securities violations lawsuit against Heartland in federal court in the United States. Alleged misrepresentation of risk in the portfolio's security holdings and true net asset values; Loss of the...
- Heartland Discloses Possible Impact If SEC Wins Lawsuit. Hume, Lynn; Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31877, p6
Reports on the lawsuit filed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) against advisory firm Heartland Advisors Inc. (HAI) over failed high-yield municipal bond funds. Quotes taken from the prospectus for the three equity funds of Heartland Group Inc. released by HAI; Reason for the...
- HEARTLAND HAILS DIVIDENDS. // Financial Planning;Jan2012, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p20
The article focuses on the warning of Heartland Advisors against making investments in high-yielding stocks without considering sector, capitalization and concentration style while recommending dividend stocks for having good returns.