Calif. treasurer fills more positions
- They call it 'pension liberation,' but don't buy it. // American Teacher;Apr2005, Vol. 89 Issue 7, p13
Discusses California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's proposal to convert traditional pensions for public employees to riskier accounts similar to 401(k) plans. Comments of state treasurer Phil Angelides on the proposal; Provisions under the defined-contribution plan; Grover Norquist's Americans...
- The Activists. // American Prospect;Sep2009, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p17
The article features Nell Minnow, head of the Corporate Library, and Phil Angelides, a public service advocate. Minnow's firm focuses on rating the directors of public companies to encourage them to make smarter decisions which will benefit businesses, stockholders, and the overall economy. In...
- Prominent California Democrat announces candidacy for treasurer. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;02/03/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30323, p32
Reports that former California Democratic Party chairman Phil Angelides has announced his candidacy for state treasurer. Promise to work for a rating upgrade for the state; Advocacy of additional state-issued debt; School funding as cornerstone of his campaign platform; Achievements as party...
- California Treasurer Again Moves Financial Conflict-of-Interest Deadline. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;3/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31597, p7
Reports that investment banks have until August 2003 to comply with California treasurer Phil Angelides's investment protection principles designed to eliminate conflicts of interest between the firm's bankers and research analysts. Reasons for postponement of the deadline to the abovementioned...
- Angelides to Investors: Governance Matters. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Weekly;12/16/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 49, p1
Presents information on the advice of California State Treasurer Phil Angelides to investors with regard to corporate governance in the financial market.
- California treasurer promises early debt report. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30627, p4
Reports on California State Treasurer Phil Angelides' plan to release his office's debt-affordability report in May 1999 to help state legislators in evaluating bond requests. Background on Angelides' achievements during his first 100 days in office.
- Selling school GOs a key goal of California's treasurer-elect. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;11/06/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30516, p1
Reports on California Treasurer-elect Phil Angelides' plan to begin issuing state school bonds as soon as he takes office in January 1998. Value of the general obligation bond measure; Democratic sweep of California's elected offices; Proposal to create a new financing program called `Smart...
- Treasurer's race a battle between financial ideals. Brennan, Peter // San Diego Business Journal;09/28/98, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p11
Reports on the campaigns of Democrat challenger Phil Angelides and Republican candidate Curt Pringle for the position of state treasurer in California. Promises of each politician to their prospective constituents; Involvement of Greek financiers; Backgrounds of the candidates.
- Treasurer Phil Angelides. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p80
Profiles Phil Angelides, state treasurer of California. Views on the energy crisis; Job description; Recognitions from several publications.