Florida counties unite to buy private utility
- Officials Lambaste Florida Utility Transaction. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31479, p3
Reports the attempts to stop the municipal bond issuance to buy the largest privately held utility by some officials in Florida. Amount of bond in issue for buying the water and sewer utilities; Approval of Hernando County Commissioners for making a resolution to protect the rights of the...
- Florida Agency Weighs Credit Enhancement for Tampa Bay Water Grant. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;10/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30491, p32
Reports on the Southwest Florida Water Management District's allocation of funds to regional utility Tampa Bay Water's infrastructure projects. Possibility of asking bond insurers to secure pledged payments; Use of surety bonds to guarantee debt-service reserve funds.
- Retooled bond documents promise flexibility for Atlanta. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;12/02/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30779, p28
Focuses on the water-sewer revenue bond plan of Atlanta, Georgia. Modernization of the city's bond ordinance; Clarification of rules and regulations governing the city's water system; Efforts to get ratings agencies to sign on to the plan; City's attempt to eliminate debt service fund...
- Private company to issue water and sewer bonds with Perth Amboy, N.J. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;11/06/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30516, p3
Reports of Perth Amboy, New Jersey's preparation for a bond sale it plans to issue jointly with the Middlesex Water Co. to privatize and renovate the city's aging water and sewerage systems. Terms of the partnership; Requirement of private companies to pay municipally-owned water or sewage...
- Court ruling clears way for Henry County, Ga., water bond sale. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/17/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30232, p27
Reports on Henry County, Georgia's plan to sell water and sewer revenue bonds as early as October 17, 1997, following the approval of the state Supreme Court. Amount of the revenue bonds; Remarks of authority finance manager regarding the Supreme Court decision.
- Mass. Water Sets $150M Offering. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;5/9/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33513, p1
The article reports on the senior revenue bonds, worth 150 million dollars, to be issued by the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority in May 2011 to help finance water and sewer projects in the Boston area. It states that the 100 million dollars will be used to help support the authority's...
- Moody's: New Water Authority Positive for DWSD Bondholders. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/14/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34193, p1
The new regional authority taking over Detroit's Water and Sewerage Department should be a positive for holders of existing DWSD debt, Moody's Investors Service said Friday.
- N.J. sewer bond sale scrubbed due to suit. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;10/15/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30500, p2
Reports that the New Jersey Environmental Infrastructure Trust decided to postpone a bond issue planned to finance a sewer line project. Lawsuit filed by environmentalists as the reason for the decision.
- Raleigh to Tap Triple-A Water Debt. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;1/27/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33457, p1
The article discusses the issuance of 114.5 million U.S. dollars of triple-A-rated water and sewer revenue bonds by the city of Raleigh, North Carolina in January 2011. It states that the triple-A utility provides water and sewer needs to Raleigh residents and businesses that operate in the...