UHHS teams up with eye centers to jointly market vision services
- Eye Care in Venezuela: A Broad Spectrum. Sabbagh, Omar Mekari // Review of Ophthalmology;Jun2002, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p123
Evaluates the status of ophthalmology in Venezuela. Inefficiency of national health system; Objectives of the Venezuelan Ophthalmology Society; Inadequacy of education in surgery.
- Focused, Secured, Marked and Captured. // Review of Ophthalmology;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p90
Features several products and equipment used in ophthalmology. Eye care formula; Digital image capture; Videorefraction system; Optical illusion; Eyewear.
- Eye see. Gard, Carolyn J. // Current Health 2;Jan1997, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p30
Focuses on eye care and hygiene. Common eye problems; Causes; Medical specialists treating eye problems; Tips in choosing sunglasses.
- Protecting your eyes from everyday hazards. Auerbach, Jessica // FDA Consumer;Jun90, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p28
Discusses how homemade saline solutions, sunlight, and cosmetics are just a few of the possible hazards to eyes. How a little education and a lot of common sense can go a long way towards keeping eyes healthy.
- KNOW-HOW BIG EYES. // Harper's Bazaar;Dec2001, Issue 3481, p90
Presents tips on how to make eyes appear bigger through cosmetic products.
- Multivitamins for the Eyes: Mixed Results From the Latest Clinical Trials. Napoli, Maryann // HealthFacts;Nov2001, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p5
Presents the results of clinical trials on the health benefits of multivitamin products for the eyes.
- When 1+1 equals a bigger one. Barrere, Michele // Ophthalmology Times;1/30/95, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the merger of the Mann Berkeley Eye Center and the Houston Eye Clinic in preparation for managed care. Increase of clinics in the Houston area; Scope of services; Lower reimbursement as reason for the merger; Commitment not to duplicate expensive equipment; Forecast on more clinic...
- In the public eye. Silverston, Dede // Ophthalmology Times;3/27/95, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p11
Provides information regarding eye care and treatment. Treatment of sties; Causes of eye irritants; Effectiveness of carotenoids in preventing macular degeneration; Effects of radial keratotomy (RK).
- Comparison of examination fees and availability of routine vision care by optometrists and... Soroka, M. // Public Health Reports;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p455
Compares care by optometrists and opthalmologists on a variety of measures including fees, average wait for appointments and availability of evening and weekend hours. Laws governing optometry and proposed changes in those laws; Patient access to eye care; Overlap in some services provided by...