Understand customer needs
- Vegetarian cross-over. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p147
Reports on food service operators' inclusion of vegetarian dishes in their menu offerings. Increasing number of vegetarian meals in colleges; Operators' experimentation with more ethnic vegetarian-based recipes; Redesign of traditional plant-based recipes to lower fat; Vegetarian offerings from...
- More recipes being tested. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p148
Reports on food service operators' experimentation with vegetarian dishes. Creation of ethnic cuisine-inspired cookery; PERSPECTIVES/The Consulting Group chef Russell Scott's suggestions on vegetable cookery; `Vegetarian Day' event at the Ikea store in Baltimore, Maryland; Indian dish offerings...
- More center-of-the-plate. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p156
Reports on health care food service operators' inclusion of vegetarian dishes in their menus. Re-engineered lasagna at Pocono Medical Center in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania; Vegetable side dishes cum center-of-the-plate combos at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center in New York City;...
- Make mine vegetarian. // Food Management;Feb99, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p14
Presents a graph of food operators who are currently serving or plan to serve vegetarian burgers in 1999 in the United States. Hospitals; Schools; Nursing home/life care centers.
- Meatless Makeovers. Berkoff, Nancy // FoodService Director;5/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p48
Presents advice to foodservice operators on offering vegetarian cuisine. Types of dishes that can be provided for vegetarian and vegan customers; Examples of ingredients that can be substituted for meat, including tofu; Recommended recipes.
- Selling Vegetarian. // FoodService Director;12/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p10
The article features the Garden Cafï¿½ at the Adventist Medical Center in Portland, Oregon, and its vegetarian menu. Executive chef Kirk Iverson shares that he did not encounter any difference cooking in a vegetarian cafï¿½. He attributes the success of the cafï¿½ to their tasty food...
- GREEN SCHEME. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;04/15/2000, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p98
Reports on the trend for vegetarian cuisine in the United States, which is being reflected in restaurant menus. General health consciousness; Increasing number of people who eat vegetarian; Food service operators' modification of meat dishes into vegetarian options; Menu sampler.
- PART IV: SEGMENT ANALYSIS: CHAPTER 51: VEGETARIAN CUISINE. // Restaurant & Foodservice Market Research Handbook;2007, p252
Chapter 51 of the book "The 2007 Restaurant & Foodservice Market Research Handbook" is presented. Surveyed is the U.S. vegetarian cuisine. The Vegetarian Resource Group (VRG) reports that 1% of the U.S. population considers itself vegetarian but 20% of consumers prefer restaurants that serve...
- Vegan Eating in Beijing and Shanghai. // Vegetarian Journal;2005, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p13
Presents the list of restaurants with a reliably vegan with long-standing traditions of having animal product-free kitchens in Beijing and Shanghai, China. Gong De Lin; Green Tianshi Vegetarian Restaurant; Jade Buddha Temple.