Why beans & lentils are gaining on menus
- Every day. // BBC Australian Good Food;Mar2011, p19
The article presents information on beans and photographs of various kinds of beans, like lima beans, barlotti beans, and Australian green lentils.
- Using beans & lentils. // FoodService Director;07/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p100
Provides information on the popularity beans and lentils are gaining in various ethnic cuisines. Information on a varieties of dishes with beans and lentils added; Comments from nutrition coordinator, Karen Merrill.
- Lentils that are soaked in tradition. Marwaha, Preet // Filipino Post;6/5/2014, p5
The article shares information that focuses on the traditions in making food, particularly beans and lentils, which composes many of the staple foods consumed across India.
- Beyond Soup: Beans, Peas and Lentils Serve Up Great Nutrition. Schepers, Anastasia // Environmental Nutrition;Nov2002, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p5
Focuses on the nutritional value of beans, peas, and lentils. Protein and vitamin content of lentils; Use of lentils for regulation of fiber content of the body; Phytonutrients present in beans; Different kinds of processed beans that can be used for food intake. INSET: Nutrition Comparison of...
- LESS MEAT, BETTER HEALTH. // Women's Fitness;Feb2014, Issue 123, p93
The article discusses the benefits of consuming vegetables and non-consumption of meat by citing a research by international internet based market research firm YouGov PLC and states that if someone wants to minimize his or her carnivorous habits then he or she has to eat lentils, beans, and tofu.
- Easy beans and lentils. Bishop, Jack // Natural Health;Sep99, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p130
Presents recipes for beans and lentils. White Bean and Tomato Casserole; White Bean Puree with Garlicky Greens; Southwestern Bean Cakes; New Orleans Red Beans; Lentils and Spinach with Asian Flavors; Corn, Tomato, and Lima Bean Stew; Black Bean Soup.
- USING YOUR BEAN. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;11/15/2002, Vol. 101 Issue 19, p67
Focuses on the use of beans and lentils by sandwich makers in the U.S. owing to a growing popularity of vegetarian food options. Varieties of sandwich base used at the restaurant New World Grill in New York City; Name of outlet offering an expansion of grilled sandwich options; Recipe for...
- Grow a Bevy of Cool-Weather Beans. Jason, Dan // Mother Earth News;Oct/Nov2002, Issue 194, p28
Provides information on a variety of beans. Tips on growing favas; Technique in cooking lentils; Soil preference for growing peas.
- BEAN SOUPS. // Ebony;Sep1978, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p140
Several recipes for beans are presented including hambone and red beans, bean soup and lentil soup.