Potato production up 1% citrus prices move higher
- What's in Season. Wellock, James // Caterer (2055-7817);11/07/2014, p36
In this article the author focuses on seasonal produce that can be used as ingredients for a traditional Christmas dinner. It cites the benefit of growing sprouts in terms of putting back massive amounts of nitrogen back into the soil and adds that sprouts have higher level of vitamin C compared...
- Trend watch. // Cincinnati;Aug2002, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p176
Presents potato varieties available at the farmer's market in Cincinnati, Ohio. Types of colors; Taste and sizes.
- Commodity Corner. Wenkel, Mike // Michigan Farmer (0026-2153);Oct2012, Vol. 316 Issue 10, p80
The article offers Michigan news briefs as on October 1, 2012 related to topics of farm produce including pork production, new executive director of the Michigan Potato industry, and the Michigan wheat Program.
- Untitled. // Irish Farmers Monthly;May2008, p4
An image of Michael Hoey of Country Crest and Sam Donaldson of Superquinn inspecting the first of the new season Irish homeguard potatoes grown Lusk Co. based in Dublin, Ireland is presented.
- Mehr Kartoffeln im Ausland verarbeitet. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;5/10/2013, Issue 19, p0072
The article offers information on the processing of Swiss-grown potatoes in other countries following a 2013 bumper crop.
- Untitled. Sarup, John // Farmers Weekly;10/7/2016, p1
The article discusses the factors that contribute to the high yield of potato crops in Yorkshire, England in 2016.
- Main Squeeze. Strailey, Jennifer // Progressive Grocer;Dec2012, Vol. 91 Issue 12, p37
The article reveals that the quest for healthier foods in the U.S. has boosted sales of citrus fruits. It cites an American Heart Association study which revealed that women who eat the most citrus fruit have a lower risk of having stroke than women who eat the least due to certain chemicals...
- Highlighting the value of potatoes. Terry, Leon // Horticulture Week;11/28/2008, p31
The article focuses on potatoes and the health-related benefits it offers. It states that potatoes represent the most important fresh produce type grown in Great Britain. It determines that potatoes contain significant amounts of a bioactive polyamine conjugate which has reported health...
- Potato price slide forces average down to Â£100/t ex-farm. // Farmers Weekly;10/21/2011, Vol. 156 Issue 17, p148
The article reports on the decline in potato prices in Great Britain in the week to October 14, 2011. It reveals that prices of potato decreased by 5 British pounds per tonne during the week, with higher volumes of free-buy movement forcing average prices to decline to 100.89 British pounds per...