- Presidential Eats. // Food Management;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p64
Lists the favorite dishes of presidents in the United States. Includes the favorite dishes of George Washington; John Adams; Andrew Jackson.
- Dietary Variety Loses Favor as Nutritionists Find It Causes Weight Gain. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Jul99, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p4
Discusses the effect of eating a variety of foods on health. Research findings which reflect the fact that variety appears to promote overeating; Importance of eating variety when it comes to vegetables, grains and animal foods; Ways of eating variety from all food groups without consuming too...
- How to plan great meals. Denny, Sharon // Current Health 2;Nov96, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p24
Provides tips for healthy eating. Planning of meals based on the Food Guide Pyramid; Sizing up of combination foods according to food groups; Checking of serving size in food labels; Keeping of health snack foods; Stocking up on nutrient-rich foods. INSET: How do you measure up?..
- food forecast. // Current Health 2;Nov2006, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p5
The article reports on the leading food trends that "Food Technology" magazine found on its survey in 2006.
- Simple strategies for eating right--anytime, anywhere. Flynn, Meghan // Environmental Nutrition;Mar1995, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p2
Recommends strategies for good nutrition and healthful eating habits. Time and convenience as common barriers for nutrition; Focus on the important nutrients to one's diet; Eating habits on the workplace, during trips, and at restaurants.
- Test Your Portion I.Q.; Tips to Control How Much You Eat. Broihier, Kitty // Environmental Nutrition;Jan2009, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p2
A quiz concerning how to control food habits is presented.
- Survey shows gap between nutrition knowledge and action. // FDA Consumer;Mar1994, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p5
Looks at some results of a poll conducted by the National Cancer Institute (NCI). Statistics on the number of American adults who eat or drink five servings of fruits and vegetables per day; The `5 a Day for Better Health Program'; Health care and disease prevention.
- Are All Food Pyramids Created Equal? Escobar, Alyson // Family Economics & Nutrition Review;1999, Vol. 12 Issue 3/4, p75
Reprints the article `Are All Food Pyramids Created Equal?,' which appeared in the April 1997 issue of the `Nutrition Insights' journal which deals with nutrition and food habits.
- Stages of Change in Clinical Nutrition Practice. Molaison, Elaine Fontenot; Ldn // Nutrition in Clinical Care;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p251
Abstract For years, nutritionists have developed education materials that attempted to change dietary behaviors. However, most of these programs were effective only in increasing knowledge and did not produce long-term behavior change. Research indicates that nutrition interventions will be more...
- EAT UP! Jango-Cohen, Judith // Science World;4/18/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 13, p5
Reports on the 2005 updated guidelines of the U.S. government which recommends sensible eating habits that may prevent obesity-related diseases.