Kid cholesterol's down
- Serving shrimp without the guilt. Carey, Benedict; Henry, Sarah // Health (Time Inc. Health);Mar97, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on high cholesterol crustaceans which are good on health and do not worsen blood cholesterol levels. Study conducted by Rockefeller University on testing the food; Three different diets spend by 18 healthy adults; Reactions of cardiologist Elizabeth De Oliveira e Silva on the healthful...
- Heart smart. Welch, Dawn // Shape;Nov93, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p33
Reports on the increase in the percentage of Americans with blood-cholesterol levels in the desirable range.
- Serum cholesterol levels and severity of aggression. Hillbrand, Marc; Foster, Hilliard G. // Psychological Reports;Feb93, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p270
Presents analysis of serum cholesterol levels of 50 men admitted to a forensic hospital for crimes of violence. Higher levels of serum cholesterol levels in less violent men; More.
- Fall in total cholesterol concentration over five years in association with changes in fatty acid... Uusitalo, Ulla; Feskens, Edith J.M. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/26/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7064, p1044
Presents a cross-sectional survey on the impact of changing fatty acid composition of cooking oils on the total blood cholesterol levels of consumers in Mauritius within a five-year period. Mapping changes in fatty acid composition of phospholipids among the subjects; Trends in serum...
- Alternative approaches to lowering cholesterol. Connor, William E.; Davidson, Michael // Patient Care;11/15/1995, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p110
Informs on the alternative approaches to lowering cholesterol. Vitamins that have been credited with an antiatherogenic effect; Benefits of omega-3 fatty acids; Study on the possibility of some nut-specific cholesterol lowering mechanism; Implications of a diet rich in garlic, olive oil, and...
- Recommendations on Public Screening for Measuring Blood Cholesterol. // American Family Physician;3/1/1997, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p1467
Presents information relating to the `Recommendations Regarding Public Screening for Measuring Blood Cholesterol.' Type of information provided; When recommendations were originally issued; Contact information.
- Giving cholesterol the old one-two. // Consumer Reports on Health;Aug96, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p93
Compares several ways of effectively reducing cholesterol levels in the blood. Indications that exercise may reduce cholesterol levels as long as it is combined with a lean diet; Ineffectiveness of exercise alone; Positive trend shown by diet alone.
- Cholesterol ratios come of age. // Consumer Reports on Health;Jun96, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p70
Reports on the significance of blood cholesterol ratios. Danger zones; Derivation from individual blood-fat measurement.
- Americans take Cholesterol advice to heart. // Total Health;Dec93, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p25
Reports on the reduction in blood cholesterol levels of American adults during the period 1978 to 1990. Report by the National Center for Health Statistics; Guidelines from the National Cholesterol Education Program's Expert Panel on the Detection, Evaluation and Treatment of High Blood...