Sweet potato consumption up
- Industrial uses of agricultural materials. // BioCycle;Feb97, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the report `Industrial Uses of Agricultural Materials' published by the Economic Research Service of the US Department of Agriculture. Examination of agricultural commodities such as starches and sugars; fats and oils, animal products and specialty plant products; Multiple uses for...
- Economic research service falls victim to agency cuts. // American Nurseryman;11/15/94, Vol. 180 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on the budgetary cuts imposed to the United States Department of Agriculture's (AD) Economic Research Service. Impact to the nursery industry; Investigation of fraud in the AD.
- Green industry stats. // American Nurseryman;12/15/93, Vol. 178 Issue 12, p15
Reports on the USDA Economic Research Service's release of a report that provides an overview of farm-business financial performance in the United States green industry.
- Recent Reports From USDA's Economic Research Service. // FoodReview;Sep-Dec99, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p40
Offers information on the reports released by the United States Department of Agriculture's Economic Research Service as of September 1999. `A Dietary Assessment of the U.S. Food Supply,' by Linda Scott Kantor; `America's Eating Habits: Changes and Consequences,' edited by Elizabeth Frazao;...
- ERS Releases New Electronic Report on the U.S. Food Marketing System. // FoodReview;Summer2002, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p43
Discusses the findings of a report of the Economic Research Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture on the U.S. food marketing system released in 2002. Scope of the report; Trends observed in the U.S. food marketing system; Changes in buyer-seller relationships.
- Consolidated Markets, Brand Competition, and Orange Juice Prices. // FoodReview;Summer2002, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p45
Discusses the findings of a report released by the Economic Research Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture that examined orange juice prices in several U.S. markets in 2002. Reasons for the decrease in the market prices of orange juice; Market shares of grocery chains in the markets...
- Farewell to FoodReview. Morrison, Rosanna Mentzer // FoodReview;Winter2002, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p50
Focuses on the history of 'Food Review,' a magazine that feature the research findings of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Economic Research Service (ERS). Information on the launch of 'The National Food Situation' on September 9, 1939 from which 'Food Review' originated; Information...
- USDA report: Agriculture still a business of family farms. // Western Farm Press;9/18/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p12
The article offers information on the report from the Department of Agriculture's Economic Research Service entitled "America's Diverse Family Farms 2010 Edition" regarding family farms in the U.S.
- Slowly, our eating habits are improving. // Prepared Foods;Feb95, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p120
Reports on data from the US Dept. of Agriculture's Economic Research Service showing changes in food consumption patterns in the United States. Decreased consumption of red meats, eggs, whole milk and coffee; Increased consumption of reduced-fat milk, poultry and cereals.