'Be on the lookout for more beef on 1999 menus'
- USDA offering secured loans for rural schools. // Inside Tucson Business;04/10/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p10
Reports that the United States Department of Agriculture is heading up the Rural Community Schools Rebuilding Program. Program to help rural school districts finance education and facility improvements.
- COMING IN JAN. '04 TO NSLP: ...while USDA takes steps to calm irradiation concerns. // FoodService Director;7/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the request of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food and Nutrition Service for school cafeterias to use monthly menu notices and signage to help students and parents identify entrees containing the irradiated beef that will begin turning up in meals under the National School Lunch...
- NO PRICE IMPACT SEEN: New beef testing spec deemed safer. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;7/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p46
Reports on the extension of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) safety testing regulations for ground beef items purchased for the National School Lunch Program and other meal programs in 2003. Overview of the USDA food safety specifications for ground beef; Response of school districts...
- Several factors influence USDA's black-hided numbers. Reiman, Miranda // High Plains Journal;8/13/2012, Vol. 130 Issue 33, p13-B
The article offers information on the requirement of black-hided for more than 80 beef brands certified by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- When ground beef turns gray. Filipic, Martha // High Plains Journal;3/18/2013, Vol. 131 Issue 11, p15-B
The artticle presents an answer to a question on safety issues regarding the consumption of ground beef that has turned gray in colour.
- 2015 beef production smaller than expected so far. Peel, Derrell S. // High Plains Journal;3/16/2015, Vol. 133 Issue 11, p23B
The article reports on the 2015 beef production in the U.S. as recorded by the Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- Weather spurs beef herd expansion. BROWN, SCOTT // Wisconsin Agriculturist;Sep2015, Vol. 246 Issue 9, p53
The article offers information related to expansion of the U.S. beef cow herd as revealed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- Beef supply to remain tight. OTTE, JOHN // Dakota Farmer;Mar2015, Vol. 134 Issue 3, p86
The article reports on decline in beef production due to tighten beef supply and discusses statistics related to the beef production released by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and a chart depicting rise in beef production for each beef cow on January 1, 2015.
- Agriculture Department Awards $23.5 Million in Distance Learning Grants. // Electronic Education Report;10/10/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p5
No abstract available.