- How to make feedback sink in. // Supervisory Management;Jun94, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p15
Offers advice concerning the imparting of feedback to employees. Asking the employee to repeat the last performance critique; Assisting the staffer in changing his ways; Settling the employee's hash.
- what do you really think? Ensman, Richard // OfficePro;Mar2001, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p18
Elaborates the characteristics of an effective employee feedback. Importance of paying attention; Benefits of prompt feedbacks; Importance of clarity and precision in giving feedbacks.
- Make your criticism pay off. Pollock, Ted // Electric Light & Power;Jan2003, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p31
Provided guidelines to keep criticism on target and help get positive results from employee-manager relationships. Need to examine the motives before criticizing the employee; Enumeration of the ultimate objective of criticism; Avoidance of over criticism.
- Feedback from employees is essential. DeVoe, Deborah // InfoWorld;01/11/99, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p90
Highlights several strategies that managers implement in conducting employee feedback sessions. Importance of employee feedback; Discussion on giving feedback to employees and asking it from them; Factors essential for fostering feedback; Information on handling employee suggestions; How to...
- How Do You Rate? // Sales & Service Excellence;Jan2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses several factors on which employees rate their boss which includes feedback to employees, appreciating them for good work and their respect.
- Personnel Issue--Or Personal Problem At Heart Of Turnover? Carlson, Tina // Credit Union Journal;10/29/2001, Vol. 5 Issue 43, pN.PAG
Presents information on the 360 Degree Performance Evaluation , which lets managers know how others around them perceive the job they do. Types of feedback received; Explanation of the importance of feedback assessments.
- Positive reinforcement: the key to constructive criticism. Genn, Adina // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/13/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 20, p23A
No abstract available.
- Effective Goal-Setting Techniques. Hulett, Kirk J. // Advisor Today;Nov2001, Vol. 96 Issue 11, p30
Presents several goal-setting techniques for a good client-advisor relationship. Importance of putting goals in writing; Significance of setting difficult goals; Role of rewards in the achievement of goals; Importance of feedback.
- Getting feedback from your staff. // New Zealand Management;Sep2001, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p11
Discusses the importance of feedback to managers for sound decision making. Purpose of feedback; Feedback strategies; Significance of informal gatherings to stimulate the free flow of communication on work-related matters; Ways for managers to guarantee staff acceptance and to determine the...