Ranch*1 opening at 12 college sites
- Ranch 1 upgrades its point-of-sale system as it readies expansion plans. Rubinstein, Ed // Nation's Restaurant News;01/12/98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p48
Features the POStouch computer system adopted by Ranch 1 to facilitate its expansion program. Specifications; Popularity of the system to restaurant chains; Use of the system by Ranch 1 managers as a forecasting tool for inventory and labor; Integration of the system with the company's delivery...
- Ranch*1 rustles up diners with `fresh' menu hook. Cavanaugh, Susan // Nation's Restaurant News;7/18/94, Vol. 28 Issue 28, p18
Features the restaurant chain Ranch*1. Provision of rock music; History of the original Ranch*1 restaurant; Advertisement strategy.
- Ranch 1 targets non-trad. markets. // FoodService Director;4/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the targeting of the non-traditional market by Ranch 1, a fresh chicken sandwich and fries concept, which is based in New York City. Comments from George A. Naddaff, acting chief executive officer and the founder of Boston Chicken; Acquisition of Ranch 1 by Naddaff.
- Ranch*1 begins radio campaign; first TV spots set for Aug. Cebrzynski, Gregg // Nation's Restaurant News;07/06/98, Vol. 32 Issue 27, p14
Focuses on the marketing efforts of Ranch*1 as part of its strategy for growth for fiscal 1998. Launch of a $600,000 radio campaign; Plan to launch television advertisements in August.
- Another turn. // Restaurant Business;01/15/98, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p54
Presents different ways of cooking chickens in New York City-based chain Ranch 1. Freshly grilled gourmet chicken breast; Chicken 'n Pasta; Grilled chicken salad.
- Ranch*1 to expand, aims to rule chicken sandwich roost. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;02/09/98, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the plan of Ranch 1 to expand operations from a 21-unit to a 1200 unit restaurant chain using money from a syndicate of investors led by Brand Equity Ventures. Investors' comments on the restaurant chain's potential for growth; Profile of key executives; Target market; Unconventional...
- Building city Ranch. Gabriel, Frederick // Crain's New York Business;04/21/97, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p3
Reports that George Naddaff, a venture capitalist from Boston, plans to turn Ranch 1 from Manhattan, New York City into the premier grilled chicken franchise in the United States. Information on Naddaff's plans for Ranch 1 from 1997 to 1999; Comments from Naddaff; Source of the money Naddaff...
- Samaras named Ranch *1 chief executive. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/01/97, Vol. 31 Issue 35, p2
Announces the appointment of George Samaras as chief executive officer of quick-service chicken chain Ranch *1 of New York City.
- Ranch 1 plans to join nat'l chicken fray. Kramer, Louise // Advertising Age;2/9/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p44
Reports that in early 1998 Ranch 1, a chain of restaurants specializing in chicken began a search for an advertising agency to represent it. Location of the chain; Expansion plans; Amount being spent on advertising in 1998; Comments.