WV ranks No. 1 in school breakfast
- In California School Dist.: Special breakfasts attract parents. // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p13
Highlights the breakfast program of the Santa Maria-Bonito School District in California. Details on the `Muffins for Mom' and `Donuts for Dad' program; Effectiveness of the program on getting parents and children together to eat; How the school cafeterias are decorated.
- Breakfast fuels the day. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p56
Focuses on the reliance of school kids on school food service for breakfast in the U.S. Value of a nutritious breakfast to the education process; Meal service for breakfast being offered by most of the schools in Chinle, Arizona; Popularity of Mexican foods in schools.
- An FSD Newstrack Exclusive: Baltimore Schools Embrace Universal Free Breakfast. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p22
Probes on the `In Classroom Breakfast Program' of forty schools in Baltimore, Maryland. Results of the program; List of the program elements; Breakfast menu.
- 19 tips for increasing school breakfast participation. // Curriculum Review;Sep2003, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p9
Outlines strategies for boosting participation in school breakfast programs. Approach to organizing theme days; Decoration tips for the cafeteria; Role of teachers and parents in emphasizing the importance of breakfast for students; Examples of incentives for participating in the school...
- 2005: A Good Year for School Breakfast. // FoodService Director;2/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p32
The article considers the success of the National School Breakfast Program in the U.S. in 2005. The Food Research and Action Center reports that because of the program, 7.5 million children from low-income families received breakfasts at school daffy during the 2004-2005 school year. This is...
- Purchase breakfast buys add up. // FoodService Director;4/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p6
The article reports that breakfast participation at the Purchase Line School District's junior/high school doubled this year since foodservice officials began offering grab-and-go breakfast meals to students just steps away from where they exit their school buses. The program has been an early...
- Location, School Characteristics, and the Cost of School Meals. Ollinger, Michael; Ralston, Katherine; Guthrie, Joanne // Journal of Agricultural & Resource Economics;Dec2012, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p379
The U.S. Department of Agriculture reimburses schools for meals provided to students participating in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs. Reimbursement amounts are based on national average estimated costs of meal production. Food prices, however, vary across the United...
- Sandra Ford: Building Relationships. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;5/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p46
The article profiles Sandra Ford, director at the Manatee County School District in Florida. It relates an interview with her who discussed the dining programs for children. As the director of the school district, Ford focuses on creating conversation with students, school administrators and...
- Handheld boost for Va. Beach. // FoodService Director;12/15/206, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p6
The article reports on the new breakfast in the classroom program instituted by several elementary schools in Virginia. Students at Birdneck, Luxford, Shelton Park and Bettie F. Williams schools pick up two wax paper bags from carts outside their classrooms when they arrive each morning. One bag...