FoodCapsule: Healthy dressings on the rise
- Salads mean more than a mouthful. Robinson, Marguerite // Finance Week;8/31/2001, p52
Focuses on the potential for growth predicted for South Africa's salad dressing manufacturers. Quality of olive oil produced in the country comparable to those from Europe according to industry observers; Emergence of a niche market for South Africa's aged balsamic vinegars and...
- Gourmet goes mainstream. Ennen, Steve // Food Processing (00156523);Dec2003, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p42
Features GourMayo, mayonnaise with gourmet flavor from French's in New Jersey. Availability; Packaging; Calorie content.
- Beautiful enough to eat. // Food Engineering & Ingredients;Sep2005, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p21
The article reports on the launch of Beauty Salad from the Japan-based food company, Ebara Foods Industry. It is a low-fat, non-oil dressing available in three varieties of Basil with lemon, Tasty Japanese and Milk Black Vinegar and Ginger. The dressing is available in screw-top pouch.
- Socioeconomic factors, nutrition, and food choices: An analysis of the salad dressing market. Mathios, Alan D. // Journal of Public Policy & Marketing;Spring96, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p45
Most studies utilize consumer surveys or experimental data to investigate the relationship between socioeconomic variables and food choices. The author examines actual purchase behavior (supermarket scanner data) in the natural shopping environment. The author focuses on whether the propensity...
- Rolling out the balsamic vinegar barrel: Monari Federzoni. Tatum, Megan // Grocer;11/7/2015, p32
The article highlights the difficulties experienced by balsamic vinegar company Monari Federzoni in penetrating the market in Great Britain. Topics discussed include the proliferation of private label in the balsamic vinegar category, the increase balsamic vinegar sales in 2014, and the Italian...
- BEST-DRESSED. Fottler, Marsha // Sarasota Magazine;Mar2003, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p322
Reports on the salad dressing business of Ed and Margaret Bell in Sarasota, Florida. Preparation of the secret recipe in quantity; Availability of the products at grocery stores.
- Alta Club chef acquires Max Mercier line of salad dressings. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/06/99, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p7
Reports on the purchase of the Max Mercier line of salad dressings by Alta Club executive chef Russ Barker. Purchase price; Product features; Culinary reputation of Barker.
- Salad Power! Friedland, Ann // Food Management;Jun2002, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p33
Focuses on the increase of sales for the salad industry. Offertory of entree salads in meals; Importance on the variety of selections for the salads; Development of entree salad guide training to ensure uniform consistency.
- Dressings for Success. // Gourmet Retailer;Oct2000, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p136
Highlights the success of the salad dressing industry in the United States. Statistics on salad dressings produced in 1997; Interest of consumers in the distribution limitations of manufactured salad dressings; Importance of balance in product selection; Effect of comparison shop category on...