L.A. Health Dept. publishes newsletter
- News update. // Materials Management in Health Care;Aug98, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p12
Focuses on the cost of Los Angeles County's Department of Health Services' reengineering project. Sources of funds.
- County names health director. Larson, Laurie // AHA News;11/13/95, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p4
Reports on the appointment of Mark Finucane as director of the Department of Health Services in Los Angeles County, California.
- COMPUTER SYSTEM AIDS L.A. COUNTY. Serb, Chris // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Sep2002, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p52
Reports on the computer system that serves as an early warning system for bioterrorist attacks in Los Angeles County Department of Health Services. Vendors providing the computer system; Operation of the system; Benefits of the computer system.
- Federal aid boosts Los Angeles health services. // Nation's Health;Nov95, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p10
Reports that the budget crisis threatening the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services in California has been temporarily remedied by $364 million in federal aid. Massive layoffs and the closing of all but 10 of 39 public health centers; Restructuring of health services toward...
- LA awaits proposal for system restructuring. // Health Facilities Management;Jan96, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p6
Reports that Los Angeles County's health care system remained in disarray while work on the restructuring plan continued. Decision from the board of supervisors; What the restructuring plan from Burt Margolin and the Department of Health Services includes; Announcement from President Bill Clinton.
- Los Angeles County faces lost Medi-Cal revenues in computer system debacle. Kertesz, Louise // Modern Healthcare;6/19/95, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p73
Reports on the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services' losses due to errors in California's Medicaid billings using the Ibax Series 5000 system. Features of the computer system; Ibax Healthcare Systems as vendor.
- Los Angeles County's... // Communications News;Oct94, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p71
Reports on Pacific Bell's installation of an SMDS network at the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services.
- Nosocomial Ralstonia pickettii colonization associated with intrinsically contaminated saline... // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;4/17/1998, Vol. 47 Issue 14, p285
Focuses on an investigation which was conducted by the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services in 1998, regarding reported cases of Ralstonia pickettii. Indepth look at the findings of the investigation; Actions taken as a result of the findings; Statistical information on the number...
- New L.A. chief hopes to work with private sector, lift morale. Kertesz, Louise // Modern Healthcare;1/15/96, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p22
Reports on the challenges to be faced by Mark R. Finucane as chief of the Los Angeles County's health services department. Job experiences; Methods to be used in stabilizing the morale of the department.