CURB buying combine sets expansion to 16 campuses
- WHICH IS BETTER FOR YOU: CO-OP OR PRIME VENDOR? // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p26
Reports that cooperative food purchasing programs are more popular and effective for smaller colleges and universities in the United States than prime vendor agreements, based on a survey by Cini-Little International; Implications of cooperative purchasing on the food purchases of universities;...
- SUSTAINABILITY SMARTS. // Bulletin of the Association of College Unions International;Jul2012, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p8
The article focuses on the Real Food Challenge, which is a program that aims to strengthen the choices of students in terms of food purchasing. The Real Food Campus Commitment was developed by the program in 2011 and according to them, the commitment aims to have colleges and universities buy...
- Down to business. Relf, Tim // Farmers Weekly;11/11/2005, Vol. 143 Issue 20, p72
Presents an article relating various experiences in colleges in England. Factor considered in shopping for food; Highlights of the 2004 Christmas ball at the Harper Adams University in Shropshire; Information on a field trip of Veterinary Medicine course students from the Royal Veterinary...
- A great social equalizer: Grocery shopping. Cohen, Aaron D. // Las Vegas Business Press;7/3/95, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p4
Opinion. Discusses issues concerning grocery shopping. Author's claim that it is difficult to look cool in a supermarket; Author's classification of people according to the cars they drive; Claim that all shoppers are equal socially.
- Shop til I drop? Who, me? Falkman, Mary Ann // Packaging Digest;Jul98, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p10
Opinion. Gives an individual's opinion on grocery shopping. Details on online grocery shopping; Predictions made by Anderson Consulting company on grocery shopping; Information on the 1998 research from the Food Marketing Institute.
- Seafood tips. Oros, Bob // Restaurant Hospitality;Aug95, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p86
Provides tips on how to save money in purchasing seafood. Getting to know the seafood dealer; Qualities of fresh fish, steaks and fillets; Proper packaging of seafood; Application glaze.
- Making home shopping work. Cavanaugh, Tim // American Demographics;Jul97, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p34
Presents the attitude of adult Americans towards grocery shopping. Implications of the study on home shopping business; Market performance of grocery home shopping; Problems in marketing.
- Grocery store wars. Jibrin, Janis // Parenting;Nov97, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p237
Presents strategies for grocery shopping with children to avoid the child selecting foods he prefers. Appointing the child to an important role when shopping; Initiation of shopping rules.
- Don't make me shop. Erickson, Greg // Beverage World;11/15/97, Vol. 116 Issue 1648, p87
Opinion. Focuses on the difficult choices shoppers encounter when going to supermarkets. Reference to the author's experiences; Why it is hard for shoppers to choose; Number of United States domestic brands of beer as of 1997; What is the author's conclusion.