FoodCapsule: Chicken gains as a salad topper
- The Skinny on Chicken Salads. // Food Management;Apr2000, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p82
Gives advice on how to reduce the fat from a classic chicken salad recipe. Use of a low-fat binder; Advantage of cooking the chicken with the skin on; Recipe for Thai-Style Salad With Shredded Chicken.
- Modern chicken salad takes on a global, grilled appearance. Fabricant, Florence // Nation's Restaurant News;06/02/97, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p35
Discusses several trends in chicken salad preparation using grilled chicken. Includes Ceasar salad with grilled chicken; Oriental chicken salad with field greens, tomatoes, cucumber and sesame vinaigrette; Peanut-dressed noodle salad with chicken; Chinese chicken salad with Thai peanut dressing...
- Foods you may not have thought to toss. // Tufts University Diet & Nutrition Letter;Aug95, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p7
Features recipes of two healthful main dish salads. Curried Chicken Salad with Green Beans; Triple B Salad (Brown Rice, Beans, and Broccoli); Ingredients and procedures; Nutrition information.
- Chicken salad memories. Voltz, Jeanne // Gourmet;Apr95, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p156
Depicts the memories of the author on some rich and delicious chicken-salad dishes.
- Slim chicken. Tribole, Evelyn // Shape;Aug95, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p44
Presents the recipe of Slim Chicken, a chopped chicken salad. Ingredients; Preparation procedures; Serving suggestion.
- SENIOR MENUS. // Monroe County Clarion;8/31/2011, Vol. 51 Issue 37, pB3
The article presents meals served in several senior centers such as salmon patty, creamed peas, and tossed romaine salad on Wednesdays at the Columbia Senior Center and chicken and dumpings, coleslaw, and carrots on Thursdays at the Waterloo Senior Center.
- Fried-Chicken Salad. // Real Simple;Aug2005, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p60
Presents a recipe for making fried-chicken salad.
- CHICKEN AND FRISï¿½E SALAD WITH ROASTED RED PEPPERS, TOASTED ALMONDS, AND MANCHEGO. // Bon Appetit;Apr2005, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p73
Presents a recipe for Chicken and Frisï¿½e Salad With Roasted Red Peppers, Toasted Almonds and Manchego.
- moveable feast. Kelly, Lucy; Souvlis, Stephanie // Australian Table;Jan2003, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p62
Presents several cooking recipes. Hummus With Chicken and Pine Nuts; Couscous Tabouli; Beetroot Salad With Yogurt Dressing.
- Chicken Caesar salad. Simpson, Maureen; Hill, Alan // Australian House & Garden;Nov95, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p190
Presents the recipe for Chicken Caesar Salad. Ingredients; Servings; Salad dressing; Wine notes.