Arwash Cleans Up Crime
- The weakness of the police. Prosser, Richard // Investigate;Mar2006, Vol. 6 Issue 62, p18
Comments on the declining quality of policing and the police force in New Zealand. Implication of the merger of the patrol officers of the Ministry of Transport with the New Zealand Police Force; Overview of how the public are losing respect for the police officers; Details of how some New...
- POLIÅ¢IA JUDICIARÄ‚. UNELE SUGESTII DE PERFECÅ¢IONARE A REGLEMENTÄ‚RII. Pampu-Romanescu, Liviu // Romanian Penal Law Review;jul-sep2012, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p114
The author makes some legislative proposals so to improve the legal framework of the judicial police.
- Commentary. Jones, John // Police Journal;Jun2007, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p97
The author reflects on the comparison of police service in the last 30 years in Great Britain. He mentioned that a television series on detective who wen back in time to work as police in the 1970 which crime control ruled and due process were ignored or overridden. He presents the relationship...
- Marikana, social inequality and the relative autonomy of the police. DIXON, BILL // SA Crime Quarterly;Dec2013, Issue 46, p5
The article discusses the notion of "relative autonomy." considered in a classic discussion of "the concept of policing in critical theories of criminal justice." It suggests critics of the South African Police Service (SAPS) should not be surprised if the police act as the agents of specific...
- WHEN THE GOOD GUYS ARE THE BAD GUYS. MEURANT, ROSS // North & South;Oct2011, Issue 307, p40
The article presents the author's views on the profession of police in New Zealand. He comments that drawing their strongest support from provincial and older people, the police remain a conservative bastion. He expresses his gratitude to Auckland and Victoria universities that helped him...
- All the Commissioner's Men. // North & South;Oct2011, Issue 307, p50
The article presents the author's views on Regional Crime Squad of police in New Zealand. He comments that police are more sheep-like in a hierarchical organization. He remarks that the police's foremost weapon to deal with these elements is the Regional Crime Squad. He opines on Graham Perry,...
- Adding Oomph to Oversight. O'Halloran, Lawyer Genevieve // North & South;Oct2011, Issue 307, p52
The article presents information related to the Independent Police Conduct Authority established under the Independent Police Complaints Authority Act 2007 in New Zealand. It is stated that a serving High Court judge is the chairman of the authority who appoints its own investigative staff. It...
- HOW'S THAT AGAIN? DEPARTMENT. // New Yorker;8/27/90, Vol. 66 Issue 28, p95
Reports on the Lambertville Police Department's designation of one of its patrolmen to work as a part-time investigator with the goal of increasing the amount of crimes that would otherwise go unsolved.
- A Critical Examination of the Nature of Working Relationships Between the Police and Victim Support in the UK. Usherwood, Michael; Prowle, Malcolm // Policing: A Journal of Policy & Practice;Sep2011, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p265
The article concerns working relationships between Victim Support and the Police. It considers the hallmarks which might be regarded as indicating an effective working relationship and identifies the extent to which individual Victim Support-Police working relationships meet these hallmarks.