Prevention Equals Profit
- Save Time When Hiring; Learn To Read Between Lines Of Resumes. Decker, Joyce // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/12/98, Issue 322367, p35
Opinion. Presents tips for executives in order to save time when screening and hiring employees. Need to have a detail job description; Tips on reviewing resume styles; Need to determine the candidate's organizational skills and priorities.
- More than SUMMER HELP. McIver, Terry // Landscape Management;Mar94, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p26
Focuses on the recruitment process of hiring summer help by employers. Common errors committed by employers during screening and selection process; Predictors of future behavior and performance; How to keep the best employees.
- The Right Stuff. Bettelley, Clare // Mortgage Strategy;7/30/2007, p48
The article discusses the challenges of broker firms in recruiting the right person for its vacant jobs in Great Britain. The author states that it is hard to differentiate between candidates who talk what the employer wants to hear as well as identity those who have genuine sales record....
- To avoid wasting time let's be slow to hire but quick to on-board. Fitchew, Jonathan // Grocer;10/18/2014, Vol. 237 Issue 8177, p68
The author offers advice to companies on speeding up the process of employee hiring including setting realistic and clear expectations and putting in place the tools needed to achieve them.
- Recruit with care. Hopps, Ben // Commercial Motor;9/6/2007, Vol. 206 Issue 5245, p40
The article presents tips for motor vehicle operators in Great Britain on hiring employees. It stresses the importance for the recruitment policies to meet the latest employment legislation. Operators must try to establish standard, objective selection criteria when choosing which candidates to...
- FINDING PROFESSIONAL HELP. // Club Industry (07478283);Oct2003, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p50
Provides suggestions on how to find professional employees. Channels that could help in finding professionals; Factors to consider in choosing a professional.
- Lunch With Potential Hires a Good Idea. Albrecht, Steve // San Diego Business Journal;1/16/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p40
The article answers a question on whether it is appropriate to evaluate applicants for managers or sales executives in a social setting such as over lunch. The author believes that evaluating the social and interpersonal skills of a managerial applicant is a good idea. This is because of the...
- Multiple Talents, One Hire. Charney, Dan // EHS Today;Aug2011, Vol. 4 Issue 8, pF
The article offers tips for hiring employees. It notes about considering cultural compatibility. It suggests about identifying candidates who fit for the job and will have good future as a productive employee. Moreover, it recommends strategies such as looking for risk takers and gauging the...
- A hire authority. Kislik, Liz // Catalog Age;Apr2005, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p42
Discusses the importance of hiring an efficient personnel to successful employee retention. Factors to consider in the screening and interview processes of prospective employees; Significance of assessing one's application form to evaluate the abilities and skills of an applicant; Need for...