- Romney's budget-balancing for dummies. Conason, Joe // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/12/2012, Vol. 41 Issue 33, p14
The author reflects on the views of Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney on the proposed 2013 national budget.
- Five keys to a better budget. Gregg, Judd // Hill;7/16/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 89, p19
The article presents several keys for getting better federal budgets to provide better opportunities for the upcoming U.S. President specially Mitt Romney, a presidential candidate of the elections.
- Massachusetts Senate Pushes Road Merger, But Separate Debt. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;5/11/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31881, p32
Reports on the Massachusetts Senate's released of the transportation portion of its fiscal 2005 budget recommendations. Senate's rejection of Governor Mitt Romney's suggestion to merge the state Highway Administration and the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority; Senate's proposed consolidation of...
- Culture Bonding. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;8/7/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32439, p25
The article reports that lawmakers have approved a $13 million Cultural Facilities Fund and a $2.45 million increased spending for the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC) by overriding Governor Mitt Romney's vetoes. According to the article, the fund will offer grants, loans and planning...
- Massachusetts Readies Reserves, If Needed. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;6/11/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31654, p2
Governor of Massachusetts Mitt Romney filed a bill this week that would allow the state to tap its reserve funds for as much as $150 million in the fiscal year 2003 ending July 1, 2003 to avert a possible budget shortfall. Though for several months the administration has touted the fiscal 2003...
- Massachusetts' Romney Offers $1.28B for Capital Budget. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;7/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32177, p4
Reports on the proposal of Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney for a $500 million supplemental spending bill to augment the commonwealth's capital needs. Funding of capital needs under the Republican governor's $1.28 billion bond-funded capital program for fiscal 2006; Aim of the bill to tap into...
- Massachusetts House Kills Borrowing Plan. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;5/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31627, p4
The Massachusetts House of Representatives has voted against a proposal that called for the state to borrow 300 million dollars to cover operating costs in the 22.5 billion dollar 2003 budget, which has an estimated deficit gap of 3 billion dollars. On April 29, a day before debate began in the...
- Romney Review to pave Way for $100 Million Massachusetts Issue. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;9/24/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31726, p3
Reports on the near completion of the capital spending review of Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney. Delay on the sale of bonds caused by the review; Use of the sales to finance local transportation projects; Importance of the review.
- BIG BIRD IS A 1 PERCENTER. // Boise Weekly;10/17/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p7
The author reflects on the statements made by U.S. Presidential candidate Mitt Romney regarding the cutting of expenditure of 445 million U.S. dollars a year which amounts to one percent of the federal budget.