Bush Signs Bill Retroactively Extending Internet Tax Moratorium to Nov. 1, 2007
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;6/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31900, p28
Reports on the status of United States legislative bills related to the economy. President George W. Bush's tax cut and economic stimulus plan; American Jobs Creation Act of 2003 and Jumpstart Our Business Act; Bond Financing Renewal Act of 2003; Modification of Qualified Small-Issue Bond...
- President Bush signs seven-year TRIA extension. // Mortgage Banking;Feb2008, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p104
The article reports that U.S. President George W. Bush has signed into law the H.R. 2761 or the Terrorism Risk Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2007 (TRIPRA). According to the author, the legislation seeks to reauthorize the federal terrorism-insurance backstop. One provision of the new...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;4/18/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32113, p32
Presents the "Bond Buyer" legislative status report in the U.S. Proposal of a provision of the corporate tax bill that would allow conservation groups to benefit from the issuance of tax-exempt bonds to buy forest; Recommendation of President George W. Bush to extend the program at the current...
- Aviation Bill Signed. // Practical Accountant;Nov2001, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p14
Reports on United States President George W. Bush's signing of an aviation bailout bill that extends until November 15, 2001 the due date for excise tax deposits by domestic air carriers.
- Explaining the Bush Tax Cuts. Bartlett, Bruce // Commentary;
Discusses issues on the tax-reform legislation proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush. Information on the initial tax proposal of Bush in 1999; Modifications made to the tax legislation signed by Bush in June 2001; Provision for the tax proposal signed in May 2003.
- Acts Approved by the President. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/11/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 23, p873
Presents a list of various acts approved by U.S. President George W. Bush as of June 7, 2001. Veterans' Survivor Benefits Improvements Act of 2001; Fallen Hero Survivor Benefit Fairness Act of 2001; Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001.
- Internet tax ban extended 3 years. Patch, Doug // New Hampshire Business Review;12/24/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p1B
This article reports that U.S. President George W. Bush recently signed a bill banning taxes on Internet access fees for another three years, extending a ban on Internet taxes that expired a year ago. But the bill contains a grandfather clause that is likely to allow New Hampshire to continue to...
- New tax act, new savings opportunities. Grill, Norman G. // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/5/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p13
The article reports on the extension of the certain tax provisions in the Tax Relief and Health Care Act of 2006 signed into law by President George W. Bush on December 20, 2006 in the U.S. The new law enhances the research and development credit in two ways. In addition, the extension of the...
- Remarks on Signing a Bill To Prevent Taxation of Payments From the Hokie Spirit Memorial Fund to Virginia Tech Victims and Families. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;12/24/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 51, p1614
This article presents the remarks given by U.S. President George W. Bush on December 19, 2007 on signing a bill to prevent taxation of payments from the Hokie Spirit Memorial Fund to Virginia Tech victims and families. He discusses how the bill would help the Virginia Tech victims and families....