Formal volunteering: a cross-national test
- Which comes first -- democracy or wealth? Walker, Richard // African Business;Aug/Sep2013, Issue 400, p44
The author analyzes correlation between income and democracy in Africa. He says that there is a link between certain levels of wealth and the emergence of democracy, which can be seen in historical trends in income levels and in the evolution of political systems. Botswana, Gabon, Mauritius and...
- What's Right for You? // Saturday Evening Post;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 283 Issue 1, p29
The article presents advice to those interested in doing volunteer work.
- Ask Baden. Eunson, Baden // Management Today (14405636);Mar2014, p32
The article presents an answer to a question about compulsory volunteering in a company.
- Volunteerism can help you reach for the skies. // South Asian Post;3/18/2010, p13
The article discusses the result of a survey which found that most Canadians chose to engage in volunteer work and charity in order to enhance their own lives.
- Help yourself by helping others. // Health News & Review;Winter95, p23
Reports on the health advantages of voluntarism. Incidence of fewer colds, better sleep and less awareness of chronic pain; Criteria for the health advantages.
- It's All Positive. Fitzpatrick, Beth Cooney // Greenwich Magazine;Sep2015, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p80
The article reports that the Junior League of Greenwich, an organization that helps promote voluntarism among young women, has teamed up with Positively More!, a program that aids pre-teens in the development of their self-esteem during the middle school years.
- Choose to Serve. Franks, Tommy // Personal Excellence Essentials;Oct2005, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p10
The article stresses that people should volunteer their time and talent to their country or community. The author discusses issues about the fight against terrorism. Views on the liberation of people from tyranny in Afghanistan and Iraq are presented. Comments on democracy and patriotism in the...
- UNA APROXIMACIÃ“N AL VOLUNTARIADO DESDE LAS UNIDADES DE INFORMACIÃ“N. Millán Reyes, Ana Nieves // Anales de DocumentaciÃ³n;2013, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
It presented an approach to volunteering through communiquÃ©s and statements collected by several institutional agents. By ethics, commitment and social responsibility as argument axis. To contextualize and conceptualize after volunteering, approaches, approximations etc, and its adoption in...
- Sample Selection Bias in Analyses of the Political Democracy and Income Inequality Relationship. Hughes, Marion R. // Social Forces;Mar97, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p1101
The article focuses on the relationship between political democracy and income inequality. The relationship between the level of political democracy and the distribution of income within a country has been actively researched in recent decades. However, cross-national research has yielded...