Macro and micro approaches in human resource development: context and content in South Korea
- How to succeed with self-directed work teams. Capozzoli, Thomas // Supervision;Dec98, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p14
Presents guidelines that can be followed by managers in developing a self-directed work teams to avoid failures and mistakes. Discussion of the guidelines.
- Work teams boost productivity. Schilder, J. // Personnel Journal;Feb92, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p67
Considers the benefits of self-directed work teams which empower employees to take on more responsibility and make decisions in areas previously reserved for management. Looks at self-directed teams in action at a variety of companies.
- Open Book Management: are you kidding me? Lookadoo, Russell // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/12/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 15, p14
The author discusses how to empower employees by providing them with powerful, accurate information that would help them understand the operations and financial standing of the company.
- Are self-directed teams right for your company? Caudron, Shari // Personnel Journal;Dec93, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p76
Examines the concept of implementing self-directed work teams as a means to improve a company's human resources management. Human resources regrouping at San Diego Zoo, California; Effects of self-directed work teams on work quality; Definition of self-directed work teams; Role of company unions...
- Stepping Stone and Option Value in a Model of Postsecondary Education. Trachter, Nicholas // Working Papers Series (Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond);Feb2014, Vol. 14 Issue 3, preceding p1
A stepping stone arises in risky environments with learning and transferable human capital. An example is the role played by academic two-year colleges in postsecondary education: Students, as they learn about the uncertain educational outcomes, can drop out or transfer up to harder and more...
- TÃœRKÄ°YE 2023 YILINDA DÃœNYANIN ON BÃœYÃœK EKONOMÄ°SÄ°NDEN BÄ°RÄ° OLABÄ°LÄ°R MÄ°? İnal, Vedit // Dogus University Journal;2012, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p69
This article inquires as to whether Turkey can be among the ten largest economies of the world in 2023. According to the theory of growth, saving and investment, human capital, research and development efforts and the resulting technological development are the factors that cause economies to...
- A skilled workforce. // BRW;4/22/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p26
Presents statistics on the tertiary training levels in Australia in 2004. Impact of human capital on economic growth; Quality of tertiary training.
- Executive Commentary. Medrano, José Ramón Sida // Academy of Management Executive;Aug99, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p26
This article presents a response to the article "Taking Self-Managed Teams to Mexico," by Chantell E. Nicholls, Henry W. Lane, and Mauricio Brehm Brechu. The author, the director general of Mexican Foundation for Total Quality, expresses his views regarding the role of education in the...
- Take the Handcuffs off Sales Team Development WITH SELF-DIRECTED LEARNING. Boyer, Stefanie L.; Lambert, Brian // T+D;Nov2008, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p62
The article focuses on the significance of self-directed learning (SDL) for helping salespeople more efficient and productive in the U.S. SDL has been shown to reduce training costs and allow employees to grow at their own rate. It is described that SDL refers to training which allows...