People In The News
- Abrams Names Parr. // Publishers Weekly;2/4/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the appointment of Steve Parr to become chief executive officer at Harry Abrams.
- Markers. // Art Papers;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p80
The article offers news briefs related to art in the U.S. Times Mirror Co. has decided to sell art publisher Harry N. Abrams Inc. Marla Prather was named head at the twentieth-century art department of the National Gallery of Art in Washington D.C. James Edward Barnes, Akira Blount, and Stephen...
- Magowan Headed to Abrams. // Publishers Weekly;8/14/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 33, p194
Reports the resignation of Mark Magowan from Abbeville Publishing Group to join Harry Abrams as associate publisher. Responsibilities of Magowan at Abrams; Companies acquired by Abrams.
- Three Rise at Harry Abrams. // Publishers Weekly;1/24/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 4, p174
Presents information on the executives who were promoted at Harry N. Abrams. Paul Gottlieb as vice chairman, chief executive officer, publisher and editor-in-chief; Alan Rutsky as president and chief financial officer; Eric Himmel as executive editor and director of new media.
- New Executive Team In Place at Harry Abrams. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/16/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 37, p10
Reports the responsibilities of several executives who compose the team formed by chief executive officer Steve Parr of the company Harry Abrams. Stan Redfern; Tony Ponzo; Mary Faria.
- Jacobs Named Abrams CEO. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;5/31/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 22, p10
Reports on the selection of Michael Jacobs as president and CEO of publishing company Harry Abrams in May 2004. Career background; Owner of Harry Abrams.
- Herndon to Head Abrams Lifestyles Line. // Publishers Weekly;8/6/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 32, p16
Discusses the appointment of Constance Herndon at the publishing company Harry N. Abrams for its lifestyle publishing. Plans for the lifestyle program; Career of Herndon.
- Less Is More for Harry N. Abrams Art Publishing Strategy. // Book Publishing Report;4/17/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p1
The article reports that the leading art book publishing company in New York called Harry N. Abrams Inc. has executed its plan to cut back publications in 2005. It was observed by Michael Jacobs, CEO of the company, that the move has led to a solid performance in 2005. It was also forecasted...
- Not Your Father's Art Book Publisher. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;8/1/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 30, p4
Reports on the changes in the publication strategies of art book publisher Harry N. Abrams in 2005. Focus of the imprints that will be released by Abrams, according to Abrams president and CEO Michael Jacobs; Information on Abrams Image which will be launched by the company in 2006; Imprints...