- Warner Books on Block? Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;7/22/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 29, p67
Focuses on the views of the U.S. publishing industry on the sale of Warner Books. Significance of Simon & Schuster's integration into Viacom; Book copublished by Barnes & Noble with Warner.
- Atria to Publish the Book on Cool. // Book Publishing Report;11/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p5
Reports on Atria Books' plan to publish a book on what is cool. Topics to be discussed on the book; Target readers for the book.
- IN THE LOOP... // Book Publishing Report;10/14/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 40, p4
Reports on developments in the U.S. book industries and trade as of October 14, 2002. HaperCollins' purchase of the world rights to 'Infectious Greed: The Fall of Enron,' by 'Wall Street Journal' staffers John Emshwiller and Rebecca Smith; Simon and Schuster's decision to produce a booklet on...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;1/2/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 1, p4
The article offers news related to the publishing industry as of January 2, 2006. Brenda Marsh was named vice-president of author relations for Barnes & Noble. There has been increase in backlist sales in 2005 at Simon & Schuster. Hilary Schupf has resigned as director of publicity at Pocket...
- Contemplating Life After Borders. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/10/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 2, p5
The article explores the impact of the financial problems facing book retailer Borders on the book industry, particularly the publishers. It relates the response of publishers to the proposal of Borders to turn the delayed payments owed to publishers into interest-bearing notes. Due to the...
- Resisting fate. Macskimming, Roy // Quill & Quire;Jan2003, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p11
Comments on the Canadian government's granting of permission for U.S. publishing company Simon and Schuster to acquire Distican. Rules about ownership in the Canadian book industry; Ownership policy's objective of strengthening an indigenous cultural industry; Call for Canadian Heritage...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;05/15/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p8
Reports on developments concerning book publishers and publishing as of May 15, 2000. Key personnel changes at Penguin Group; Suzanne Baboneau's appointment as fiction publisher at Simon & Schuster in Great Britain.
- AP, Simon & Schuster Settlement Raises Questions On "Fair Use" // Book Publishing Report;9/6/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p1
Reports that Simon & Schuster Inc. has questioned the Associated Press' copyright law and its haziness on book excerpts in the U.S. Dispute between the two companies on matters involving "fair-use" of copyright materials; Reference to other cases involving similar issue; Factors to determine...
- RH Puts New Cooking Title on Top of NYT Advice/Misc. List. // Book Publishing Report;11/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p7
The article reports on developments related to the book industry and trade in the U.S. Random House has the top two titles on the hardcover side including "Barefoot Contessa at Home" and "Ageless." Simon & Schuster is paced by the No. 4 title on the hardcover list with Paula Deen's "Paula Deen...