McGraw-Hill Trade Boosting Business, Education Output
- 11 Publishers On Approved List In Alabama Social Studies Adoption. // Educational Marketer;12/13/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 35, p5
This article reports that social studies is shaping up to be a big adoption opportunity for K-12 publishers in the forthcoming year of 2005, and in November 2004, Alabama approved textbooks and curriculum software from 11 publishers for what could be a $35 million adoption in 2005. Alabama is...
- Financial Briefs ... // Educational Marketer;5/9/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p8
Reports that the board of directors from McGraw Hill Co. has approved a two-for-one split of the common stock of the company in the U.S. Plans of the company on the distribution of additional shares to shareholders of record.
- McGraw-Hill Sells Children's Publishing Assets. // Book Publishing Report;1/26/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p2
Reports on New York-based McGraw-Hill Co.'s sale of its Children's Publishing assets to Wisconsin-based K-12 direct marketer School Specialty Inc. to focus sales efforts on the school market instead of retail. Revenue generated by Children's Publishing; McGraw-Hill's sale of its interest in...
- McGraw-Hill Teams with Harvard Medical School. Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;9/8/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 36, p16
Highlights the partnership between McGraw-Hill and Harvard Medical School for the exclusive publication of the latter's books effective January 2004. Annual number of Harvard medical books to be published by the company; Possible topics which will be covered in the books.
- Douglas: Publishing Unit Has Full Support of New Owner. // Publishers Weekly;3/1/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 9, p16
Reveals that School Specialty Inc. will fully support School Specialty Children's Publishing division, the supplementary materials publisher of McGraw-Hill, in all book programs, according to Vince Douglas of School Specialty. Scope of the division; Areas that the publishing group is exploring.
- McGraw-Hill Carves Place in Nonfiction. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/16/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 24, p16
Highlights the business expansion and growth of McGraw-Hill's Trade unit (MHT). Publishing focus of the unit; Strategy used by MHT; Advantage of the acquisition of NTC by MHT.
- McGraw-Hill and MSC.Software Develop Interactive Package. // Educational Marketer;11/01/99, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p5
Reports that McGraw-Hill Higher Education, a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies, will use an MSC.Software product to enhance its engineering textbook series.
- McGraw-Hill EM's Largest U.S. K-12 Print Supplemental Publisher, 2000. // Educational Marketer;7/2/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p3
Reports on the leadership of McGraw-Hill in K-12 supplemental print publishing in 2001.
- At Mid-Point, Pearson Education and McGraw-Hill Are Bullish On The Year. // Educational Marketer;8/6/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p7
Reports on the sales and earnings of publishers McGraw-Hill and Pearson Education for the first half of 2001.