Doubleday First Commercial Publisher of Book of Mormon
- Doubleday Gets Large Grant for New Series. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;2/23/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 8, p12
Repots on the grant received by Doubleday from the Alfred Sloane Foundation to support a line of books about inventors and authors. Formation of a book committee that will select authors; Background of the Sloane Foundation; Objectives of the foundation for the book publishing.
- Anchor Canada debuts this fall. Perrin, Lindsey // Quill & Quire;Jul2001, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p13
Reports the launch of Anchor Canada, a trade paper imprint of Doubleday Canada. Benefits of the move; Title of books released under the imprint; Reflection on the hardcover range of Doubleday.
- TALK OF THE TRADE. Abbott, Charlotte; Roback, Diane; Scharf, Michael // Publishers Weekly;11/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 44, p21
This section presents an update on the book trade in the U.S. as of November 2005. Anchor Books has talk radio, the tabloids and hip-hop blogs aflame about Queens Reign Supreme: Fat Cat, 50 Cent and the Rise of the Hip-Hop Hustler by music journalist Ethan Browne, weeks before the 75,000-copy...
- In the WORKS. Weiler, Derek // Quill & Quire;May99, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p15
Reports developments in the book industry and trade in Canada as of May 1999. Publication of the hard cover novel of author David Adams Richard by publisher Doubleday Canada; Sale of literary non-fiction book of author Alison Wearing to Knoft Canada; Release of the book 'A Man of Principle,' by...
- hot deals. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;11/15/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 46, p12
Presents news briefs on the contracts between authors and book publishers as of November 15, 2004. Contract signed by novelist Gail Godwin with Ballantine; Deal signed by lawyer-turned-author Jeffrey Toobin with Doubleday; Debut novel of short story writer Ronlyn Dominque with Atria.
- Cover Sticker Defuses D'day, Nelson Row. Garrett, Lynn; Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/1/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 9, p9
Reports that Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc. has avoided possible legal problems with Doubleday & Co. by placing a sticker on the cover of Nelson's forthcoming book "Breaking the Da Vinci Code: Answers to the Questions Everyone's Asking," by Darrell Bock, a theological critique of Dan Brown's...
- The Hot Selling Season. Quinn, Judy // Publishers Weekly;4/10/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 15, p23
Deals with the book `Fiction for the Rest of Us,' published by Doubleday company. Authors who contributed in writing the book; Highlights of the book.
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;6/30/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 26, p16
This section presents an update on the publishing industry in the U.S. Author J. J. Salem held an impromptu lunch with his idol Jackie Collins in Jackson, Mississippi. Doubleday decided to postpone the release of the book "The Hero," by Jon Krakauer. Lerner Publishing Group signed a licensing...
- BOOKS. Ward, Kate; Jordan, Tina // Entertainment Weekly;5/8/2009, Issue 1046, p16
The author reports that the book "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown will be released on September 15, 2009. Speculation that has been raised regarding the impact that the release of "The Lost Symbol" will have for the book publisher Doubeday & Co. is discussed. Lay-offs that occurred at Doubleday in...