Publishers Look To Leverage National Book Award Winners Into Higher Sales
- Beijing Book Fair Postponed. Taylor, Sally // Publishers Weekly;5/12/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 19, p19
Focuses on the postponement of the annual Beijing International Book Fair in Beijing, China as of May 2003. Reason for the delay; Schedule of the resumption of the book fair; Impact of the delay on the domestic publishing business.
- Book Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;
Reports on developments in the book industry in the U.S. as of August 16, 2004. Promotional campaign for the book "Highbinders," by Seth Delany; Publication of two new books on Islam by Zondervan, a Christian book imprint of HarperCollins Publishers Inc.; Author of the book "Muslim Next Door."
- Do You Know What a Book Publicist Does? MCKINNEY, CLAIRE // Publishers Weekly;6/27/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 26, p160
In this article the author discusses the nature of her job as a book publicist. She discloses how she came into the publishing industry and took the role of publicist. She explains the reason for the tendency to blame publicists when a book fails to perform well in the market. The author also...
- Making the most of gift fairs. Toller, Carol // Quill & Quire;Aug97, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p27
Offers Canadian publishers advice on how to generate sales via trade shows of specialized retailers. Benefits that publishers can gain from attending specialized trade shows; Facts that publishers need to consider before committing to exhibit; Tips on how to make attending an event worthwhile.
- Deals follow Frankfurt. Rowe, Dan // Quill & Quire;Dec2004, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p14
The article reports about the this year's book fair at Frankfurt, Germany. There was no consensus 'book of the fair' at Frankfurt this year, but that lack of attention for any one title may have made for a more even-keeled and productive week at the publishing world's most important rights fair....
- BookExpo Canada: best of show. // Quill & Quire;Jun2004, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p23
This article provides complete guide to 2004's exhibitors, specials, giveaways, and events of the BookExpo Canada. Quill & Quire's BookExpo Canada trade show directory lists exhibitors' booth numbers, contact names, specials, features, and events as of April 28, 2004. Specials are for BEC show...
- THE LISTENING GAME. Zabel, Megan // Publishers Weekly;10/5/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 40, p26
The author suggests the opportunity offered by online social networks in book marketing and promotions. She mentions their Facebook efforts at Powell wherein fans expect them to share unique information. She also shares that they ran a promotion called Fan Appreciation where people were asked to...
- Award Winners. // Sun Valley Magazine;Summer/Fall2014, p56
The article offers information on the awards including the maggie award and Ozzie and Eddie awards won by the journal for its effort not only in publishing but also in inspiring the people who live in Idaho.
- REAPING THEIR PROMISE. // Books in Canada;Apr77, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p3
Discusses the comment of the judges on books under review and the reasons for choosing two books as winners of the Books in Canada Award for First Novels in 1976. List of books and authors who participated in the contest; Judges during the competition.