Get on the Grid
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p138
Presents updates on equipment deliveries in various fire departments in the United States compiled for November 2004. Bronto Skylift delivered for the University City Fire Department in Missouri; Rescue trailer delivered at the Kessler Air Force Fire Department in Biloxi, Mississippi.
- MAKING YOUR ENGINE WORK FOR YOU. Fritz, Richard A. // Fire Engineering;Feb2004, Vol. 157 Issue 2, p85
Discusses how the engine's hosebed configurations, hose loads, tool locations, and seating arrangements can make the engine company more effective. Key factors to consider for an effective engine company operations; Storage of equipment on the engine; Need for engines to be able to lay hose in...
- ENGINE COMPANY STANDPIPE OPERATIONS: TACTICAL USE OF 2Â½-INCH HANDLINES, PART 2. McGrail, David M. // Fire Engineering;Jun2005, Vol. 158 Issue 6, p59
The article informs that many American fire departments use pre-connected attack lines, which have proven to be valuable for quickly delivering water on the fire-ground. Ultimately, the good engine company has the ability to go beyond the pre-connect while maintaining the ability to deliver...
- Boston Globe report says firefighters not meeting response time standards. // Fire Engineering;Apr2005, Vol. 158 Issue 4, p64
This article focuses on information related to firefighters not meeting response time standards. Barely over a third of fire departments nationwide are meeting national standards for response time, according to "Boston Globe," report. The newspaper based its findings on an analysis it made from...
- BUDGET BUTTRESS. Cochran, Kelvin J.; Crawford, Brian A. // Fire Chief;Jan2005, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p76
Focuses on the adoption of a detailed and descriptive five-year rolling master plan by the Shreveport Fire Department in Louisiana. Impact of the adoption on the department's financial opportunities; Focus of the master plan; Advantages of the plan.
- Heads of the Class. Lowe, Bill; Cohilas, Alex // Fire Chief;Sep2006, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p42
The article focuses on the visibility and reputation of the Executive Fire Officer (EFO) program which are enhanced when graduates and students have articles published in professional publications in the U.S. One of the EFO program's outcomes for graduates is to enhance executive-level...
- CERTIFICATION IS MORE THAN JUST A CERTIFICATE. Finley, Bob // Fire Chief;Sep2006, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p45
The article reports on the importance of the certification which provides verification that all fire service personnel has demonstrated proficiency and an ability to do his or her job in accordance with nationally recognized peer-developed standards in the U.S. Certification also validates...
- Fire Station 2010. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p6
Comments on architectural trends predicted for fire stations and buildings in the United States in 2010. Application of environment-friendly design and building solutions; Contribution of high technology such as fiber optics and wireless computers on the direction of construction for fire stations.
- CALENDAR. // Fire Chief;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p18
Presents a calendar of events relevant to fire departments in the United States compiled for November 2004. Seminar on the Understanding of the 2003 International Building Code; Change in the Fire Service Symposium in Phoenix, Arizona; Contact information.