- What Happens When Fire Companies Feud? Stittleburg, Philip // Fire Chief;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p26
Explains the consequences of instances when fire companies in the United States are involved in inter-departmental conflicts. Loss of the morale of the departments; Loss of stature in the community; Decrease in response effectiveness.
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p138
Presents updates on equipment deliveries in various fire departments in the United States compiled for November 2004. Bronto Skylift delivered for the University City Fire Department in Missouri; Rescue trailer delivered at the Kessler Air Force Fire Department in Biloxi, Mississippi.
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Jan2005, Vol. 158 Issue 1, p204
Introduces new products for the U.S. fire sector. Names of companies that offer them; Features of the products; Contact information.
- Alarm-Processing Times Still Need More Study. Coleman, Ronny J. // Fire Chief;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p32
Explains the necessity to conduct further studies on alarm-processing times of fire departments in the United States. Significance of the issue as a matter of public policy; Questions raised about the credibility of alarm-processing times caused by extensive delays; Goals that are important for...
- A NIGHT NOT TO FORGET. Moore, Robert // Fire Chief;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p34
Focuses on the expertise of industrial fire fighters in the United States to know those injured or killed in the disasters they tackle illustrated by the author's participation in the chemical plant explosion in Channelview, Texas on July 6, 1990. Examples of the other initial response...
- Hedley Fire Department dispatched to false alarm. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);8/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p8
The article presents a schedule of activities by the Hedley Fire Department in Hedley, Texas. The department was notified of an automobile accident at highway 287 on July 24, 2006. It checked a vehicle behind business on July 25, 2006 and responded to a residential fire alarm on the same day....
- PROTECTING TOGETHER. Holzman, Paula // Central Penn Business Journal;2/5/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p23
The article reports on the merging of the Empire Friendship Firefighters Association with the fire division of Cumberland Goodwill Fire and EMS to form the Carlisle Fire & Rescue Services, on January 1, 2010 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. It notes that the merger will cut down on the amount of...
- News in Brief. // Fire Engineering;Jan2005, Vol. 158 Issue 1, p38
Presents news briefs on fire departments and fire developments in the U.S. Collapse of a garage under construction at the Tropicana Casino and Resort; Discussion of the key provisions of the agreement made between the California Professional Firefighters and the California State Firefighters...
- Firemen's Frolic Tune 25. // East Bernard Express (TX);6/15/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 25, p8
Provides information on the celebration of the 76th anniversary of the Wallis Fire Department at the Wallis American Legion Hall in Texas on June 25, 2006.