'Gilligan' Scores As Escapist Fare
- Nielsen Resets May Sweeps. Krukowski, Andrew // Television Week;10/27/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p4
The article reports on a revision to the 2008-2009 television calendar in the U.S. that will end May sweeps a week earlier, running April 23 through May 20, according to Nielsen. The sweeps period, in which Nielsen measures viewership in large and small markets across the country to help set...
- NIELSEN APR. 28-MAY 4 RATINGS. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/12/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 19, p20
Several charts are presented that list Nielsen Media Research Inc.'s results on television program ratings in the U.S. from April 28 to May 4, 2008; including the top 10 basic-cable shows, top 10 broadcast shows, and highly rated broadcast networks.
- Nielsen lays a rotten egg with latest local TV ratings. Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;4/4/2005, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the controversy concerning Nielsen Media Research's rating of television programs for the third week of February 2005. Notice from Nielsen advising that the "return for week three in its analysis fell below Nielsen Media's minimum threshold", and as a result, all viewing estimates for...
- NIELSEN RATINGS REPORT. // Daily Variety;7/20/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 12, p8
Reports the ratings of various television programs in the United States from Nielsen Ratings from July 11-17, 2005. Total viewers; Primetime scorecard.
- Nielsen Eliminating 'Double Dip' Rule. MOSS, LINDA // Multichannel News;10/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p18
The article reports that U.S.-based Nielsen Media Research Inc. is rescinding a change that allowed broadcast networks to combine two airings of a show to produce a single rating. The company made the decision in response to a furor that occurred when NBC used the new option which allowed the...
- Groups propose TV rating changes. Mandese, Joe; Spethmann, Betsy // Advertising Age;9/9/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 37, p33
Deals with the threat posed by the failure of the national television ratings system in the U.S. to the television broadcasting industry as of September 1991. Inability to produce a consensus in solving the problem; Flaws of the national people-meter system of Nielsen Media Research;...
- KOLD 13 is No. 1 again but KGUN 9 has moved up. Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;8/28/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p10
The article reports on the results of the television rating for July 2006 conducted by the Nielsen Media Research in Tucson, Arizona. The rating shows that television station KOLD's News 13 took the number one position in early morning programs while KGUN 9 and KVOA 4 ranked number two and three...
- ScanAmerica rolls with CBS. Mandese, Joe // Advertising Age;11/4/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 47, p3
Reports on Arbitron Co.'s launch of the ScanAmerica service. Competition with Nielsen Media Research's network ratings service; Arbitron's matching of television viewing with product-use data; Arbitron's plan to have a system operating in the fall of 1993.
- NUMBER OF THE WEEK. // Multichannel News;1/1/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p30
The article provides information on the primetime ratings of the front-runner USA Network. According to Nielsen Media Research Inc. data released on December 27, 2006, the network has advanced in primetime ratings, with one week to go before the official end date for 2006. On the other hand,...