Cut to CAB's Cunningham
- Upfront Presumptions. Bürgi, Michael // MediaWeek;4/12/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p8
Reports on meetings of the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau with media agencies and advertisers in the U.S. in 2004. Purpose of the meetings; Advantages of investing in cable according to bureau president and CEO Sean Cunningham; Media agency executives who participated in the meetings.
- CAB Plans Big Research Push. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;11/3/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 44, p20
Reports on the plan of Sean Cunningham, president and chief executive officer of the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau (CAB) to focus on research. Purpose of the research; Cable ratings during the summer; Sources of the research funds of CAB.
- Divney's Divine Comedy. Ross, Chuck // Television Week;5/5/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p8
Features Larry Divney, president and chief executive officer of Comedy Central. Character description of Divney; Educational and career background; Philosophy in life.
- Joe Ostrow. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;03/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p20
Profiles Joe Ostrow, president and chief executive officer of Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau. Proposal to release study of the recall of commercials on cable television and broadcast television; Electronic Data Invoicing initiative; Predilections.
- Espousing Ethics in Charlotte. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;6/2/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p38
Former chief of Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau (CAB) Thom McKinney left the cable industry in the mid-1990s and decided to become a corporate motivational trainer. He ultimately ended up, specializing in business ethics. McKinney, 60, today is founder and operating manager of Thom McKinney&...
- Cable networks, agencies at odds over ratings. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;10/4/93, Vol. 123 Issue 40, p63
Reports on the advertising community's reaction to the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau's (CAB) recommendation for the measurement of cable audience on a weekly or monthly basis rather than quarter hourly. Suggested use of Nielsen Media Research data; Issue on the evaluation of a buy after a...
- Money follows. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;5/27/96, Vol. 6 Issue 22, Adweek p32
Presents forecasts for cable television's audience share for 1996. Efforts to encourage advertising in cable networks; Factors affecting television networks' purchase of cable commercial airtimes.
- Cable boasts record rating average. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;7/11/94, Vol. 124 Issue 28, p17
Presents the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau's findings of the average record rating in total United States homes of advertising-supported cable television networks in June 1994. Prime time rating; Networks which show a ratings decline.
- Advertisers chase real ratings for cable TV. Burnett, Kate // Ad Age Global;Jul2001, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p13
Reports on the countries in Latin America wherein cable television networks are finding ways to measure the audience of their programs to give advertisers enough information to decide. Demand of advertisers for more data from cable television networks; Advertising market in Latin America.