Cable Gets an 'L&O', '24'
- Fox Makes News, Topping Big Three With RNC Ratings. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the record telecast obtained by Fox News Channel for its coverage of the Republican National Convention in the U.S. in September 2004. Implication of the network's success on the cable industry; Response of industry observers to the network's performance; Rating posted by the network...
- Another Sizzling Quarter for Basic Cable. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/10/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p10
Reports on the rating of U.S. cable television programs in primetime in the second quarter of 2006. Household share of cable television, according to a Turner Research analysis; Top cable networks in primetime for the second quarter; Primetime ratings garnered by the cable operators.
- Ratings:. // CableFAX Daily;8/31/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 169, p2
The article reports on the rating of cable television networks in the U.S. according to Nielsen Media Research firm as of August 31, 2006. Household shares were dominated by USA and Disney which gained 20% and 15% of viewership respectively. TNT ranked third assuming a 13% share followed by...
- Ratings:. // CableFAX Daily;8/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 153, p3
The article reports on the ratings of cable television channels in the U.S. as of August 9, 2006. USA is ranked at number one with 2.4 household rating, while Disney is second with 2.2. Lifetime was able to have 1.5 household rating. Other channels that topped the list include VH1 and Nickelodeon.
- Cable seeks spot in frenetic lifestyle. Whitney, Daisy // Advertising Age;10/30/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 44, Special section pS4
The article discusses the use of video on demand services by cable television channels focused at women. Oxygen and WE TV have centered advertising campaigns and offerings around young women, who are often so busy that they have a hard time making an appointment to watch television. By utilizing...
- CABLE BUILDS A BIGGER STABLE. Frankel, Daniel // Variety;12/1/2008, Vol. 413 Issue 3, p22
The article reports on television programs in development for U.S. cable television networks. Subscription organizations such as HBO, AMC and TNT are developing a significant amount of new programming. The activity in cable television is contrasted with the broadcast networks, which are subject...
- Turner Closing In on Cable Milestone. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;5/24/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p14
Reports on the performance of the audience rating of Turner Network Television (TNT) cable network for May 2004. Performance of TNT against UPN in the 18 to 49 demographics; Factors that influence the growth in audience rating of TNT; Comparison on the audience rating between cable networks and...
- Ratings. // CableFAX Daily;3/22/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 55, p3
Reports on the ratings received by cable television programs as of March 2006. Rating received by the Friday episode of "Monk"; Dominance of USA in the prime time pack; Score gained by Discovery Channel's "Perfect Disaster."
- Discovery leads Asia's PAX pack. Bowman, Jo // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;12/17/2004, p22
This article presents information related to viewership percentage of Discovery Channel as compared to CNN. Discovery Channel is strengthening its lead over CNN and all the other pan-regional TV channels as the clear favourite among Asia's elite, according to the latest results of the rolling...