AS JULY 2006 GETS CLOSER, SECURITY MOVES ONTO TO-DO LISTS
- Short Takes. // Network World;8/25/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p33
Reports on the launch of several computer software in the U.S. Spam-Killer line of anti-spam appliances by Network Associates' McAfee Security to block unsolicited electronic mail messages; Launch of a computer security software by Sygate Technologies Inc.
- COMPUWARE IMPROVES SECURITY OF WEB APPLICATIONS. // Worldwide Videotex Update;Mar2006, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on the launch of the DevPartner SecurityChecker 2.0 security analysis tool from Compuware Corp. The tool offers full integration with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. Rick Samona, product manager for the .NET Developer Product Marketing Group at Microsoft Corp., comments on the...
- LEADERBOARD. // InfoWorld;3/21/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p50
Reviews several computer security software available in the U.S. market in March 2005, including Brightmail Anti-Spam 6.0 from Symantec.
- F Y I. // T H E Journal;Mar2004, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p20
Focuses on the three Web application software. Details of patch management and computer security in the PatchManagment.org; Discussion on classroom management featured in the GradeNetwork; Information on the Ask Jeeves Kids Web site.
- Hailstorm v2.6. Mehta, Phoram // Information Security;Dec2005, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p64
The article evaluates the Hailstorm version 2.6 security application software from Cenzic and offers information on features, capabilities, specifications and cost.
- Prehistoric Patching 'Back in Spades.'. Mimoso, Michael S. // Information Security;Jan2006, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p17
The article offers advice for security managers on how cope with the lack automated patching in computer software used in data protection. Security managers should establish relationship with their application inventory. Users should demand software vendors of their responsibility to improve...
- Windows 8 Security. Smith, Russell // Windows IT Pro;Jun2013, Issue 226, p35
The article focuses on new features and changes to the security of the Windows 8 Modern UI app. The new programming model enables developers to provision apps. Changes in the Windows 8 are designed to make Modern UI apps more secure. AppContainer is a new security measure for Windows 8 Modern UI...
- Designing of a Virtual System with Fingerprint Security by considering many Security threats. // International Journal of Computer Applications;Jun2010, Vol. 3, p25
The article discusses the design of a virtual system with fingerprint security while considering many security threats. It provides an overview of the different types of attack as well as some other interesting and other topics related to fingerprint. It suggests an approach to remove such type...
- A New Cryptic Steganographic Approach using Video Steganography. Prabhakaran, Neethu; Shanthi, D. // International Journal of Computer Applications;7/1/2012, Vol. 50, p19
Nowadays, Data transmission over internet is not at all secure and they are vulnerable to various attacks. So in order to prevent our valuable information we require special security measures. One of the methods for secure data transmission is cryptography where the information is protected by...