New ESPN Service Ups Wireless Ante
- Making the wireless connection. Diaz Jr., Frank // Caribbean Business;11/28/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 48, p37
Reports on the partnership between Sprint Corp. and other companies to provide real-time business data in Puerto Rico. Benefits of the wireless data package; Mobile devices to open the applications.
- Wireless Plan Generates Revenue for Higher Ed. // T H E Journal;Sep2004, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p24
Features the University Wireless Access plan from Sprint. Benefits of the plan to colleges and universities; Background on the plan.
- EV-DO Rev A Gains Steam. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;10/1/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p39
Reports on the interest of U.S. wireless operators to deploy IX EV-DO Revision A, a technology that promises network efficiency by delivering data and voice. Reasons for the appeal of Revision A; Plans of Sprint to deploy EV-DO throughout its network; Information on Nortel's triple play over...
- Prepaid starts to gain respect. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/25/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p1
Focuses on the effort of wireless industry operators to improve their prepaid offerings in an attempt to lure subscribers. Projected growth of the market for prepaid subscribers; Growth of the wireless wholesale operation of Sprint Corp. during the first quarter of 2005; Update made by Verizon...
- Sprint-Clearwire Joint Venture "Very Positive News" for WiMAX, Says ABI Research. // Portable Design;May2008, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p16
The article presents the views of ABI Research In. to the joint venture of Sprint Corp. and Clearwire Corp. to build an advanced mobile network based on WiMAX technology in the U.S. Principal analyst Philip Solis claims that Sprint needs financing and investors to proceed with the project. Solis...
- Tenants: The More The Merrier. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;01/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on wireless operators that sell tower assets to companies which specialize in construction and maintenance. Stocks of tower companies; Why analysts are being bullish on the tower industry; Tower companies finding ways to diversify; Challenges faced by companies.
- Short Takes. // Network World;4/19/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p23
Reports that, according to a survey conducted in February 2004 by the in-Stat/MDR, relatively few business customers have taken advantage of wireless service number portability since the system went into effect in late November 2003.
- Many ways to learn at Wireless Datacomm. // Business Communications Review;Nov94, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p70
Reports on the educational opportunities provided by the Wireless DataComm Fall '94 Conference and Exposition scheduled for December 6-8, 1994 at the Convention Center in Washington, D.C. Workshops and field trips; Forums and sessions; Communication demonstrations.
- The tooth is out there. Phillips, Tim // Director;Nov2000, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p163
Examines what kind of companies will use Bluetooth technology to avail of wireless communication services. How the technology works; Applications of the technology; What business enterprises think of Bluetooth.