Narad to Ops: Get Defensive
- L.l.'s 100-Mbps Highway. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;7/4/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p21
Reports on the deployment of a Narad Networks Inc. broadband access network on the Cablevision Systems Corp. coaxial cable plant, that will offer 100 Mbps of bandwidth to smaller businesses and residential customers, as of July 4, 2005. Number of Ethernet switches from Narad installed by...
- Reason #7. Buckley, Sean // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Nov2004, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p37
This article focuses on the use of coax lines in business networks. Initially, cable operators built a fiber overlay network for businesses, but with high costs to lay fiber, they have been driven to examine alternative solutions and they are encouraged to utilize existing cable plant. In the...
- 10-Gbit Ethernet Over Copper: It Had To Happen. Frenzel, Louis E. // Electronic Design;2/3/2003, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on the development of 10-Gbit Ethernet capability for unshielded twisted pair and dual coaxial cable. Prices for fiber systems; Economic aspects of copper solutions; Use of cabling scheme from Infinite Band company.
- Mining for new business opportunities. Saksena, Vikram // CED;Jun2001, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p144
Discusses how the switched Ethernet technology can help cable television companies use existing hybrid fiber/coaxial networks to serve business customers. Services to offer to the small/medium-size business market; Support for multiple commercial applications; Automated network management.
- Cypress moves into 10Mbps Ethernet processor market. // Electronic News (10616624);11/6/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2090, p78
Looks at plans by Cypress Semiconductor in November 1995 to unveil its first 10-megabit-per-second Ethernet device. Plans to address the needs of the coaxial (coax) cable Ethernet market; Price information about the CY7B8392.
- PONs looking for receptive audience. Pease, Robert // Lightwave;Sep2002, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the opportunities offered by passive-optical-network (PON) technology to deliver broadband services to business customers over a single platform. Features of Ethernet PON, ATM PON and Gigabit PON; Regulatory issues facing PON technology; Business applications of PON.
- Lowering the Bar, Lowering the Boom. Krapf, Eric // Business Communications Review;Nov2000, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p6
Editorial. Offers observation on issues concerning the telecommunications industry. Issue affecting the broadband service deployment in the telecommunications industry; Market which benefited from the incumbent local exchange carrier deployment; Challenges facing Ethernet providers like Yipes,...
- Bandwidth is like the Long Island Expressway. Add lanes, they fill up. Thank God for Gig-E. Barthold, Jim // Cable World (10427228);3/3/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p42
Reports that cable engineers evolved the Gigabit Ethernet transport. Reason the cable industry turns to Gigabit Ethernet; Opinion on bandwidth management.
- FNE Finland Deploys 100G With Transmode. // Optical Networks/WDM;Feb2015, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p4
The article discusses the deployment of the 100 Gigabit Ethernet (100G) by the wired telecommunication provider FNE-Finland Oy which designed to handle the increased capacity of datacenter customer for telecommunication services.