Malone Buyout In Works?
- VOTING WITH HIS WALLET. Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;1/26/2004, Vol. 393 Issue 10, p5
Reports on speculations over the plan of John Malone to acquire voting shares in News Corp., and sell assets of Liberty Media as of January 26, 2004. Assumptions concerning Malone's plan for the sold assets of Liberty Media; Comments from media analyst Richard Greenfield regarding the potential...
- Fox, Liberty eye baseball first. Flint, Joe; Peers, Martin // Variety;11/6/95, Vol. 361 Issue 1, p86
Reports on projects and ventures planned by the alliance between News Corp. and Liberty Media. Cable package for Major League Baseball; Other sports services in Asia, Latin America and Australia.
- Liberty Looking at Deals That Give It Control. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);1/13/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the plan of Liberty Media to join News Corp. in a bid to control DirecTV. Plan of Liberty to buy Vivendi Universal Entertainment; Percentage of Liberty's stake at QVC; Loss of its minority investments in Teligent and ICG Communications in 2002.
- JOINT BIRD BID FLIES COOP. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;2/27/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 39, p39
Reports on the decision of Liberty Media Co. and News Corp. to withdraw joint bid for DirecTV Inc. in the u.S. Reasons for the withdrawal; Efforts of raising funds by Liberty; Interest of Liberty in pursuing the deal.
- News Corp., Liberty christen Net. // MediaWeek;7/8/96, Vol. 6 Issue 28, p3
Reports on the global sports alliance between News Corp. and Liberty Media Corp.
- Liberty, News tighten ties. Doman, Matthew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/03/2000, Vol. 365 Issue 3, p106
Focuses on the stock swap of Liberty Media Corp. with News Corp. as of October 3, 2000. Value of the deal; Sale of the Gemstar stocks of Liberty Media.
- News Corp., Liberty, TCI plan wide world of sports. Battaglio, Stephen; Hettrick, Scott // Hollywood Reporter;11/1/95, Vol. 339 Issue 33, p1
Reports that News Corp., Liberty Media Group and Tele-Communications Inc. International have unveiled their plan to form a sports programming service. Competition of the new sports service with ESPN; Announcement of a new fX cable network for News Corp.; Contract bid for Major League Baseball.
- MALONE STILL IN RUPE REALM. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;8/8/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 25, p2
Reports on the failure of the negotiation between John Malone's Liberty Media and Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. Percentage share of Liberty Media in News Corp.; Malone's criticism against Murdoch for failing to increase shareholder value; Plans of Malone to continue to increase Liberty Media's...
- Malone Not Keen on 'Cash-Rich Split-Off' Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/4/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p114
Focuses on the preference of Liberty Media Corp. John Malone not to dispose of the company's 17 percent stake in News Corp. in a cash-rich split-off. Plans of Malone for the stake; Implication of the plan of Malone for Rupert Murdoch, chairman of News Corp.