- PEOPLE . // Multichannel News;10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p34
Reports career developments on the cable television industry in the U.S. Naming of Carol Barnes as vice president for sales at Avalon Media Group; Promotion of Susan McGinn as director of contract administration for Cox Communications Inc.; Appointment of Shelly Good-Cook at Cable &...
- Operators Vie for Share of Holiday Spoils. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;1/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on cable promotions during the holiday season in the United States. Increase of consumer demand for cable modems; Price of the package from Cable Vision Systems Corp.; Features of the cable-modem promotion of Charter Communications Inc.
- Nat Geo Shares 'Wonder' Promo. // Cable World (10427228);10/21/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 39, p8
Announces the 'Show Me the Wonder' promotion of cable television network National Geographic Channel. Aim of the promotion; Growth of the company.
- Cable TV. Alleyne, P. Llanor // Broadcasting & Cable;9/2/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 36, p32
Reports several promotions in the U.S. cable television industry.
- FX Affils Rev Up NASCAR Contest. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;2/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p22
Reports the 'Road to the Winston' affiliate sweepstakes promotion by FX cable television network in the U.S. Lists some names of participants; Inclusion of a local advertisement-sales component; Description of prices.
- Fiber sells ads in cable-TV network. Shapiro, Mitch // Lightwave;Nov96, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p1
Reports on National Cable Communications' plan to deliver advertising spots to cable television systems serving subscribers in Chicago, Illinois. Partners for Chicago Cable Interconnect (CCI); Map illustrating CCI's cable network; Cost of the project.
- Spot to Reach $1 Bil by 2002. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;06/28/99, Vol. 9 Issue 26, p9
Presents the prediction of the National Cable Communications (NCC) on cable spot business in the United States. Comments from Tom Olson, chief executive officer of NCC; Factors that will change the cable spot business.
- NCC: Cable Spot Sales to Rise 19%. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p22
Reports on the increase of national spot cable sales according to the National Cable Communications in the U.S. Rate of the industry-wide estimates; Emergence of political advertising market; Details of the promotion initiatives.
- NCC Shops Around One-Stop Concept. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;05/01/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p24
Reports on National Cable Communications' plan to consolidate several cable television advertising markets in the United States as of May 1, 2000. Details of the planned market consolidation; Implications for the cable television advertising industry.