Mag Rack Campaign on Track
- Rainbow Expands VOD Vision. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;4/4/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p81
Focuses on the video-on-demand plans of Rainbow Programming for three programming brands. Way in which the company made a name for itself; Plan of the company to rollout Independent Film Channel On Demand; Factor responsible for the expansion of Rainbow's on-demand vision.
- 'UNCENSORED' OVER THE RAINBOW. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);10/13/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p8
Reports on the launch of Rainbow Media's Uncensored on Demand video-on-demand (VOD) technology by Cablevision. Categories of content of the VOD; Media used by Cablevision in its marketing campaign for Uncensored on Demand; Features of the service.
- Mag Rack Racks Up Subs For VOD. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p8D
Focuses on Mag Rack, the video-on-demand (VOD) service launched by Rainbow Media Holdings in the U.S. market in 2000. Explanations from Matt Strauss, executive vice president and general manager; Subscribers to the VOD service; Details of how the VOD service works.
- Building Demand for On-Demand. Churchill, Rick // Multichannel News;7/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p56
Reports on the efforts of Rainbow Media Inc. to shape the video-on-demand (VOD) frontier of the company. Focus of Sportskool which was launched as a free-on demand service; Content of the video magazines offered by the on-demand service Mag Rack; Efforts of IFC On Demand to complement with Mag...
- Rainbow's new colors. Thompson, Anne // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/25/2005, Vol. 391 Issue 26, p1
This article reports that Rainbow Media Holdings Inc. is moving toward the first day-and-date releases of independent films in U.S. theaters and video-on-demand (VOD). The Cablevision-owned company is working to acquire independent films at such international festivals as Cannes and Toronto in...
- Rainbow Hopes 'World Picks' Clicks With MSOs. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p8
Reports on the launch of World Picks foreign-language subscription video on-demand (SVOD) services by Rainbow Media Holdings Inc. in November 2003. Languages available in the video on-demand services; Reason for developing the services; Features of the SVOD services.
- VOD Windows: Same for Big Studios; Better for Small Ones. Scanlon, Mavis // CableFAX Daily;10/28/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 210, p1
The article reports on video on demand programming in the U.S. as of October 2005. Rainbow will premiere theatrical and on demand releases from IFC Films in January 2006. Meanwhile, Warner Home Video will package content exclusively for on demand. According to some cable executives, creative...
- Rainbow Adds an 'E' Before VOD. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);3/10/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p9
Reports on exclusive video-on-demand services launched by Rainbow Media Holdings. Comment from Josh Sapan, president of Rainbow; Features of the service.
- Sapan Says Exclusive VOD is Key for Cable. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;4/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p6
Reports the launching of the exclusive video-on-demand (VOD) by the Rainbow Media Holdings Inc. during the Kagan VOD Summit in New York. Introduction of special interest lifestyle programming with interactive elements; Development of exclusive VOD franchises; Emergence of free VOD strategies.