- Treating BAD DEBTS. Wilson, Rocky // Journal of Business (10756124);12/9/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 25, pB1
Offers strategies on how hospitals in the United States can treat bad debts. Serious financial complication from patient bad debts; Bad debt of Spokane, Washington-based Sacred Heart Medical Center in 2003; Difference of bad debts from charity care; Discounts received by uninsured out-patients;...
- Hospitals' Charity Care. Piper, Ed; Valdovinos, Erica; Le, Sidney; Hsia, Renee Y. // Health Affairs;Oct2015, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p1799
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article by Erica Valdovinos, Sidney Le and Renee Y. Hsia that claims that not-for-profit hospitals in the U.S. spend more of their operating expenses on charity care than for-profit hospitals do, which was published in the August 2015 issue.
- The direct route. Evans, Melanie // Modern Healthcare;3/5/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p32
The article focuses on the growth of bank borrowing by hospitals in 2011 as they look to reduce exposure to potentially volatile debt. According to data from Thomson Reuters, banks loaned 1.7 billion dollars directly to healthcare borrowers in 2011 in bond deals that might have been sold...
- Untitled. Burda, David // Modern Healthcare;9/29/2003 Supplement, Vol. 33, p2
Introduces a series of articles which deals with hospitals in the U.S.
- Denver hospital called disruptive competitor. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Sep98, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p22
Reports that the Precedent Health Center in Denver, Colorado, has increased competitive tensions in the city's healthcare market. Percentage of the city's hospital beds that are occupied on any given day; Precedent Health Center's focus on outpatients or stays of no more than 72 hours; Patient...
- Resting on Laurels Is Never an Option. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Sep2007, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p79
The article presents information on the Columbus Regional Hospital in Columbus, Indiana. It was awarded the AHA McKesson Quest for Quality prize which honors leadership and innovation in patient care quality, safety and commitment. Columbus Regional embraces the Institute of Medicine's six Aims...
- Alta Resuscitates OC Community Hospital of Buena Park. Lin // Orange County Business Journal;12/13/99, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p34
Presents news briefs pertaining to medical care in Orange County, California as of December 13, 1999. Includes Orange County Community Hospital of Buena Park's reopening; Side effect of the painkiller Cox-2 discovered by researchers at the University of California, Irvine, College of Medicine;...
- Area hospitals/ urgent care facilities. // Fort Worth Business Press;2/14/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p27
Provides information on several hospitals and urgent care facilities in Texas in 2005. Arlington Memorial Hospital in Arlington; Cook Children's Medical Center in Fort Worth; Harris Methodist HEB Hospital in Bedford; Harris Methodist Northwest Hospital in Azle.
- Ashford Presbyterian invests $12 million to continue expanding. Rosa, Taina // Caribbean Business;2/5/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p13
Reports on the expansion of the Ashford Presbyterian Hospital in Condado, Puerto Rico. Budget allocated for the project; Construction of a wing with pharmacy, rooms for surgery and labor, delivery and recovery; Opening of a pediatric unit in March 2004.