A NIGHT NOT TO FORGET
- What Happens When Fire Companies Feud? Stittleburg, Philip // Fire Chief;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p26
Explains the consequences of instances when fire companies in the United States are involved in inter-departmental conflicts. Loss of the morale of the departments; Loss of stature in the community; Decrease in response effectiveness.
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p138
Presents updates on equipment deliveries in various fire departments in the United States compiled for November 2004. Bronto Skylift delivered for the University City Fire Department in Missouri; Rescue trailer delivered at the Kessler Air Force Fire Department in Biloxi, Mississippi.
- Alarm-Processing Times Still Need More Study. Coleman, Ronny J. // Fire Chief;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p32
Explains the necessity to conduct further studies on alarm-processing times of fire departments in the United States. Significance of the issue as a matter of public policy; Questions raised about the credibility of alarm-processing times caused by extensive delays; Goals that are important for...
- EQUIPMENT NEWS. // Fire Chief;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p134
Presents various products and equipment for fire departments compiled for November 2004. Command Center product line from TruckVault; Emergency backup light from Panasonic; Mapping software from the Omega Group.
- Hedley Fire Department dispatched to false alarm. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);8/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p8
The article presents a schedule of activities by the Hedley Fire Department in Hedley, Texas. The department was notified of an automobile accident at highway 287 on July 24, 2006. It checked a vehicle behind business on July 25, 2006 and responded to a residential fire alarm on the same day....
- PROTECTING TOGETHER. Holzman, Paula // Central Penn Business Journal;2/5/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p23
The article reports on the merging of the Empire Friendship Firefighters Association with the fire division of Cumberland Goodwill Fire and EMS to form the Carlisle Fire & Rescue Services, on January 1, 2010 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. It notes that the merger will cut down on the amount of...
- News Glimpses. // Fire Engineering;Jan2005, Vol. 158 Issue 1, p40
Reports on developments in the U.S. fire departments. Collapse of a six-story parking garage under construction at the National Institutes of Health; Amount of money received by the National Volunteer Fire Council; Plan of the New York Fire Department to install video cameras in its fire...
- NOT MORE MISTAKES? NOPE, LESSONS AGAIN, PART 3. Brennan, Tom // Fire Engineering;Jan2005, Vol. 158 Issue 1, p212
Looks into lessons to be drawn from mistakes usually done on the job. Tendency of engine companies to monitor what the qualities of the fire are doing; Identification of the most vulnerable position for truck members to mentally lose track of where the firefighters are; Importance of locating...
- Good News & Bad. // Fire Chief;Apr2007, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p8
The author reflects on several issues surrounding the fire departments in the U.S. She suggests the fire chiefs or officers to contact their state or federal representatives because the 2007 Fire Grant Applications has been opened. She added that the National Fire Incident Reporting System...