Chicago PMI Declines to 65.2
- A Brightening Outlook. Tracey, Mike; Drakulich, Angie // Pharmaceutical Technology;Dec2011 Supplement, p2
The article offers the authors' insight on the response of their readers regarding the positive economic outlook on their 2011 annual employment survey. The authors say that 82% of the readers believe that 2012 will bring business improvement conditions. They mention that the journal...
- McDONALD FINANCIAL GROUP MARKET WATCH. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/12/2004, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p30
Presents updates on business as of April 12, 2004. List of Utah-based companies in terms of market performance, according to McDonald Financial Group; Growth in employment in the U.S.; Price of crude oil; Forecast for the economy of China.
- Establishment Data ("B" tables). // Employment & Earnings;May2005, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p251
Provides information about the method of conducting establishment surveys to collect data every month on employment, hours and earnings from a sample of non-farm establishments including government agencies in the U.S. Number of businesses and government agencies covering approximately 400,000...
- MCDONALD FINANCIAL GROUP MARKET WATCH. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/14/2005, Vol. 34 Issue 38, p22
Reports on the economic conditions in the U.S. as of March 2005. Market performance of several Utah-based companies; Effects of the increasing price of oil on the economy; Increase in the employment rate; Forecast for the gross domestic product.
- The local economy may improve more slowly than the national. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/4/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p28
Forecasts the economic outlook of local businesses in the U. S. Reason local business firms experience slow economic improvement; Employment problem in the local business sector; Economic condition of national businesses compared to local firms.
- THE NEW PLASTICS. Miller, Chris // Oregon Business Magazine;Oct2008, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p20
The article reports on the unemployment rate that is expected to remain high for the rest of 2008 Oregon and its potential implications to fresh university graduates. According to Jessica Nelson, Oregon Employment Economist, she predicts that the job growth will likely to return in the first...
- Economists: Ll adds 15,000 jobs in 2004. Schachter, Ken // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/18/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p5A
This article reports that Long Island, New York's economy is gaining momentum in 2005, with employment growth peaking by year's end, an economist predicted. Matthew Martin, a senior economist at Economy.com says that Employment growth will slow next year, however, and by the end of 2006 growth...
- Economic Forecaset Is Bullish On Muskegon. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/2/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p10
Provides information on an employment outlook made by economist George Erickcek for Muskegon, Michigan in 2004. Percentage of the employment growth in Muskegon for 2004 and 2005; Comparison on the employment outlook in Muskegon County with West Michigan; Background on the rate of employment in...
- Orders Cool Midwest Growth. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;1/ 2/2014, pA01
5 The Chicago ISM barometer of business activity dropped 3.9 points in Dec. to a still-robust level of 59.1, indicating growth cooled from an earlier spike. Analysts expected 61.3. New orders plunged, swinging into negative territory. The employment gauge sank though still points to expansion....