NASCAR Extends With In Demand
- NICHE PIX IN DEMAND. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;2/11/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 52, p4
Reports on the creation of two specialized channels by pay-per-view distributor In Demand in the U.S. Movies under each channel; Availability of the two channels; Plans for other genre services if the experiment works.
- In Demand Readies New Barker Channels. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;04/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p26
Reports on developments related to United States-based pay-per-view television company In Demand as of April 3, 2000. Company's plan to launch digital television channels.
- In Demand Draws Fire From Small Ops. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/02/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p39
Reports that United States-based cable television companies are frustrated with In Demand's inability to deliver pay-per-view (PPV) movies as of October 2, 2000. Background on In Demand's PPV dispute with movie studios.
- In Demand Loves In-Car NASCAR Cameras. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/2/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p8
Reports on the decision of entertainment company In Demand to commit all seven of its National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) pay-per-view channels to in-car footage. Decision to keep NASCAR free from commercials; Availability of remote controls to provide easier navigation...
- Front Row picks up pix. Boehm, Erich // Daily Variety;12/13/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 8, p24
Reports the partnership of Front Row and motion picture distributor Pathe Distribution to offer several motion pictures on pay per view television in London, England.
- A Sirius Holdup for Stern. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p16
Reports on the decision of In Demand to delay the launch of its Howard Stern On Demand subscription service in the U.S. until March 2006. Reasons behind the decision; Views of company president Rob Jacobson on the show; Expectation of the company on the show; Suggested price to be offered by...
- Jacobson's Eye on In Demand's HD, VOD. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/14/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p18
Focuses on the plan of Rob Jacobson, appointed president and CEO of In Demand LLC, to continue pursuing proprietary video-on-demand (VOD) and high-definition television content for affiliated multi-system operators and systems. Goal of the company under Jacobson's leadership; VOD rights and...
- 'Hal' takes '02 PPV crown. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;1/13/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the popularity of the film 'Shallow Hal' in the pay-per-view (PPV) television market in the U.S. for the year 2002. Services delivered by In Demand LLC; Lack of impact of PPV revenue on DVD and video rental sales.
- In Demand bumps PPV for high-def. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/4/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 21, p5
Reports on the launching of high-definition television networks by In Demand company in the U.S. Effect of the television networks on pay-per-view channels; Schedule of the launching; Program of high-definition channels as digital basic-cable networks.