- Germs of Untruth. // Time;5/25/1953, Vol. 61 Issue 21, p56
The article focuses on the endorsement of the germ-war evidence of communist Chinese by scientists published in the "Chinese Medical Journal" in 1953. The scientists who endorsed the evidence were Andrea Andreen of Sweden, Jean Malterre of France, Joseph Needham of Great Britain, Oliviero Olivo...
- Mobile Hazmat Lab to Hit Road Soon. // Fire Chief;Aug2005, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p21
The article reports that a first-of-its kind Mobile Molecular Testing Laboratory (MMTL) capable of force protection, rapid diagnostics, epidemiology, and preventive medicine will soon emerge from Pierce Manufacturing Inc.'s assembly line. Built under an Air Force contract with Vital Probes Inc....
- Correction:. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/5/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 15, p14
A correction to an editorial referring to a joint venture that provides space launch services to the U.S. Air Force in the April 28, 2014 issue is presented.
- SpaceX launches legal challenge over contract. // Supply Management;May2014, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p13
The article reports on the legal action taken by spacecraft manufacturer Space Exploration Technologies Corp. (SpaceX) over a contract between the U.S. Air Force and the United Launch Alliance (ULA), a joint venture of aerospace companies Boeing Co. and Lockheed Martin.
- Raytheon and General Dynamics joint venture awarded U.S. Air Force Launch and Test Range Contract. // Sensors;1/16/2015, p70
The article reports that a joint venture of aerospace company General Dynamics and management consultant Raytheon, called Range Generation Next, has been awarded with a contract by the U.S Air Force to operate and maintain Florida's Space Coast and Vandenberg Air Force Base in California.
- Reservists In Northeast Eligible for Navy Housing. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun2005, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the joint venture between the United States Navy and a private housing management company to privatize the Navy Northeast Regional Housing program which will provide Air Force Reservists living in the Northeast with housing options. Features of the housing program; Purpose behind the...
- SAME Construction and Engineering Camps: Building Great Engineers by Mentoring Students. Brown, Ron // Engineer;Jul-Dec2008, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p15
The article offers information on the curriculum which focuses on general engineering and construction in the U.S. The curriculum was the result of the joint venture of the Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) and the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA). SAME and USAFA aim to have that would...
- Assessing the Air Force's ROI from Collaborative R&D Projects: Analyzing Proposals and Performance Outcomes. Williams, Scott David // Insights to a Changing World Journal;Sep2011, Issue 3, p1
Although challenging, returns on a public-sector agency's investments in R&D joint ventures should be assessed. The use of performance metrics can facilitate management of the venture. Such control also allows evaluation of the value of taxpayers' investments in such collaborations. Identifying...
- Air Force Advocates Joint Program For Acquisition of Small Munitions. Sirak, Michael // Defense Daily;5/2/2006, Vol. 230 Issue 22, p1
The article reports that U.S. Air Force weapons developers are calling for a joint initiative with the Army and Navy to develop a new family of miniature precision-guided weapons for use off of unmanned aerial vehicles and perhaps other platforms. They are now working to create the synergy...