USFA Releases '50-Plus' Pub-Ed Materials
- the getting of wisdom. McDermott, Pat // Australian Women's Weekly;Nov2005, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p219
Presents a narrative of the author's concern on ageing. Signs of ageing; Pleasures of middle age.
- Reports Show More Mobility-Related Disabilities in Middle-Aged Americans. // O&P Business News;5/1/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p42
The article reports on the increase of mobility-related disabilities among middle-aged Americans from 1997 to 2007 in the U.S. It mentions that the Americans aged between 50 and 64 years old are those who experienced the disabilities or the need in daily personal care activities. It states that...
- Boomers come of old age. Miller, Cyndee // Marketing News;1/15/96, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the boom in the marketing of products for the 50 and over age group. Traditional marketing wisdom has held that older people perceive themselves to be five or 10 years younger than they actually are, but that gap is going to widen with boomers lopping off a good 20 years....
- Contesting the transition to old age in Japan. Traphagan, John W. // Ethnology;Fall98, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p333
Examines how Japanese contest the transition from middle to old age in a small town. Resistance to entry into period associated with dependence; Effects of age-grading practices; Dominant discourse on old age.
- Old age doesn't officially. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/17/2015, pA02
The article discusses a research study by an Austrian research group reveals that the define of old age starts as having 15 or fewer years to live.
- RESEARCH IN THE SOCIAL PROBLEMS OF OLD AGE. Hoyt, Elizabeth E. // Social Forces;Mar33, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p398
This article discusses the author's views on the issue of social problems of aged person. Research on the problems of old age is one of the most neglected field in sociology. Yet it is one field where study is most needed. All the other age periods carry within themselves some regenerative...
- GRAY POWER. Blalock, Rebecca // Saturday Evening Post;Mar1979, Vol. 251 Issue 2, p32
Features Gray Panthers, an organization of aged people that aims to educate U.S. society about old age, founder Maggie Kuhn. Description of the slogans used by the group at a rally in Atlantic City, New Jersey; Comments from Kuhn about society's attitude towards aging; Personality of Kuhn;...
- Are definitions of age becoming irrelevant? Gardner, Marilyn // Christian Science Monitor;8/11/99, Vol. 91 Issue 179, p14
Focuses on the constantly changing definitions of age. How Exodus, a British tour company imposed a cutoff age for its African adventure holidays; How `old' keeps getting redefined; Mentions the book `Live Now, Age Later,' by Isadore Rosenfeld; Age bias promises to be a major issue in coming...
- The old lady from Ipanema: changing notions of old age in Brazil. Leibing, Annette // Journal of Aging Studies;Feb2005, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p15
Abstract: This article identifies the main categories, notions, and values associated with aging in articles published in urban Brazilian print media 1967ï¿½2002, and uses these categories to trace several historical changes regarding what constitutes ï¿½successfulï¿½ aging in Brazil....