GSN GOES 24/7 WITH INTERACTIVITY
- On-screen guides help sort TV listings. Pargh, Andy // Design News;1/8/96, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p150
Reports on the features of interactive on-screen guides to television (TV) programs. Comparisons between StarSight and VideoGuide on-screen TV grid guides; VideoGuide's Smart Sorting feature which allows a viewer to sort channels; Contact information.
- New Service Taking iTV To Next Level. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/8/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p96
Reports the enhancement of the interactive television in the United States. Public trial of the Click Version service; Linkages on a streaming video image; Inclusion of the subject material of a television program.
- Interactive TV viewed as prime-time sales vehicle--but when? Lockwood, Lisa; Turk, Rose Marie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/23/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 120, p1
Discusses the possible benefits of interactive television as a sales vehicle for products seen in television programs in the United States. Services provided by Steeplechase Media, an interactive television content developer; Estimated number of homes with interactive television capability;...
- Growing up with Big Brother. Webdale, Jonathan // New Media Age;Summer2004 Supp NMA iTV, p3
This article introduces a series of articles on interactive television in Great Britain.
- COURT TV GETS INTERACTIVE. Mitchell-Marrell, Gabrielle // Daily Variety;8/5/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 44, p8
Reports on the inclusion of the interactive television program 'I, Detective' in the fall lineup of Court TV.
- GSN GOES 24/7 WITH INTERACTIVITY. Stump, Matt // Broadcasting & Cable;12/6/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 49, p2B
Reports on the introduction of two-screen interactivity for every minute of every television show of cable television network GSN. Number of registered GSN interactive users; Number of television viewers who play GSN on-air programming every month; Information on the program "Poker Royale,"...
- AN OVERHAUL IS AFOOT FOR GAME SHOW. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p1
Reports on the move of Game Show Network to reposition its interactive gaming and reality-based platform. Preparation for the debut of an interactive television-base digital channel; Changes in the name and logo of the network; Resignation of Bob Boden as senior vice president of programming.
- Game season opens. Whitney, Daisy; Hibberd, James // New Media Age;6/1/2006, p27
The article reports that the U.S. is starting to follow Great Britain in moving game show audience participation from the telephone to electronic mail and text and red button. The move towards red button interactivity has been escalating slowly in the U.S. starting with the launch by CNN of its...
- Interactive with Banzai! Ward, David // TVB Europe;Feb2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on the interactive production of 'Banzai' television program. Design of a plan to synchronize the involvement of equipment; Requirements of transmission platforms; Usage of database to store references to the interactive television content.