SAFER Grants to Start with $65M
- DPS Achievements Create A Safer Minnesota. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p6
The article presents an update on the achievements of the divisions of the Department of Public Safety in Minnesota in 2006. The fire investigations completed by the State Fire Marshal Division increased over the previous year. The incidents and subsequent investigations of the Minnesota Office...
- IAFF submits comments on Homeland Security Presidential Directive. // Fire Engineering;Mar2005, Vol. 156 Issue 3, p52
The article reports on comments regarding Homeland Security Presidential Directive issued by the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF). The recommendations refer to the draft pertaining to National Preparedness Capabilities Summaries for Homeland Security Presidential Directive 8. It...
- PRIDE AND OWNERSHIP: THE LOVE FOR THE JOB. Lasky, Rick // Fire Engineering;May2004, Vol. 157 Issue 5, p107
Focuses on the roles and responsibilities of firefighters in the United States. Fire prevention; Homeland security; Promotion of family values.
- NEWS GLIMPSES. // Fire Engineering;Sep2004, Vol. 157 Issue 9, p42
The article presents information about various fire departments in the U.S. The Philadelphia Common Pleas Court had ordered the city, at press time, to postpone for 60 days its plans to shut down four ladder companies and four engine companies, relocate other companies and add eight medic units....
- USFA, IAFF offer revised Voice Radio Communications Guide. // Fire Engineering;Feb2009, Vol. 162 Issue 2, p50
The article provides the revised Voice Radio Communications Guide for Fire Service which contains updated information on communications technology and discussions on critical homeland security issues and concepts including SAFECOM. The revision was a joint project of the U.S. Fire Association...
- NFPA study identifies gaps in U.S. fire service. // Fire Chief;Feb2003, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on the U.S. Fire Service's Needs Assessment Study concerning the fire service. Fire service delivery; Resources needed by the fire service to operate effectively and safely; Challenges faced by the homeland security.
- NOT QUIET on the Fire Service Front. Neely, Greg // Fire Chief;Sep2003, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p30
Focuses on the problem of U.S. fire departments related to homeland security budget. Competition with other agencies under the Homeland Security Office; Launch of an Integrated Emergency Management System.
- Firefighters Helping Other Firefighters. Allen, Mark; Gruening, Ron // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p12
The article describes the result of the International Fire Relief Mission led by the authors to the Romanian section of a town in the city of Chisinau, Moldova. They visited a local fire station, and were told by local fire fighters that the most common cause of fire in Moldova is electrical...
- FIRE STATIONS VULNERABLE IN HURRICANE WINDS. Quaderer, David R. // Fire Engineering;Nov2004, Vol. 157 Issue 11, p88
This article discusses various issues related to fire stations of Florida that were vulnerable in hurricane winds, with specific reference to Hurricane Charley that came in Charlotte County, Florida. The article author visited Charlotte County Station 12. As Hurricane Charley made landfall in...