Verizon Resumes Work on Fla. Buildout
- Verizon workers and management still far apart. JOHNSON, STEPHON // New York Amsterdam News;8/18/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 33, p10
The article reports on the failure of negotiations to arrange the labor dispute between the management of Verizon Communications Inc. and its union workers.
- Verizon workers take it to the streets. JOHNSON, STEPHON // New York Amsterdam News;8/11/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 32, p10
The article reports on the dispute between Verizon Communications Inc. and its union employees.
- $1 billion in Verizon giveback demands led to strike. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;8/18/2011, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on the strike initiated by 45,000 workers of Verizon Communications Inc. after the company giveback demands totaling to one billion dollars.
- FIOS TV NOW AVAILABLE TO MORE THAN 3,600 HOUSEHOLDS. // RBOC Update;Feb2009, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p4
The article announces the introduction of the Verizon FiOS TV fiber-optic network services from Verizon Communications Inc.
- Verizon staffers find fiber-to-the-home cheaper than copper. Hardy, Stephen // Lightwave;Dec2000, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p1
Deals with the research of Verizon Communications illustrating that fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) is a more economical approach than copper in high-speed access telecommunication networks. Advantages of FTTH; Advances in FTTH deployment; Potential applications of FTTH.
- Verizon adds North Country fiber lines. Dickinson, Casey J. // Business Journal (Central New York);2/28/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p8
Reports on the plan of Verizon Communications to expand its fiber-optic network in New York. Amount of investment; Installation of the 96-strand cable; Usability of Verizon's Synchronous Optical Network technology.
- VERIZON ADDS 194,000 FIOS VIDEO SUBS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;1/30/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the 201,000 net new fiber-optic Internet (FiOS) connections in U.S. homes added by Verizon Communications in the fourth quarter of 2011, including 194,000 video subscribers.
- Verizon Adds FiOS Subs. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;4/30/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p8
The article reports on the claim by Verizon Communications that it added 180,000 video subscribers to its fiber optic services (FiOS) television (TV) platform in the first quarter of 2012 ending March 31.
- hot of the press. // Lightwave;Nov2001, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p15
Reports on the installation of fiber optic cables and electronic equipment by Verizon in the Erie and Niagara counties in New York in 2001. Amount to be invested by the company to install air-pressure technology on underground cable systems.